Reaction score
Have anyone else heard about this ? Due to road conditions or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the email I got today....

Chatter – Snowmobile Season, 2016 - CANCELLED

Unfortunately we are notifying you of the cancellation of our snowmobile season.

The warm temperatures for a protracted period have accelerated the spring break up.

That is impacting many things, but in this instance the access road.

The road is nearly impassable at the 1km, and is likely to be closed to all traffic in the coming 24 hours.

For Chatter this means the cancellation of our snowmobile season.

We are deeply disappointed by this, and understand our guests will be too.

We look forward to another great season in 2017, and will be in touch as regards that in the coming days.

Though we have a no refund policy, we will of course honour all monies received, and all bookings and guests will be moved to their respective spots in the 2017 season.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 1.877.311.7199.

Clare

sharpstick

Reaction score
I received the same email and just got off the phone with them. THIS SUCKS. I've been looking forward to this trip for months and now that we were a week away from going this hurts even more. The road at 1km is apparently giving away and its just too risky. They cant fix it in the short amount of time so they are shutting down. They are scrambling to get everything packed up and taken out too as it sounds like its just a matter of time till the road is toast.
Any recommendations of where else to go? Man am I ever choked....

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So gay!!

Where's the snow now? Valemount mcbride or blue River??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough when there are no refunds. What happens if you cant go next year? Should get a deposit back IMO.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see no refunds if you are the one that cancelled but they are the ones that's cancelled. Should be refund if you want or put it towards next year your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do the same thing for cat skiing of they are the one to cancel. Same days in the following year. Standard practice in the industry. Sucks for everyone.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in 2006 when the rock bluff started collapsing they cancelled on us too, but they did issue a refund for our deposits.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is unfortunate, however don't feel so bad now selling my spot months ago due to work.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update from Chatter today.

Chatter Creek Snowmobile Season – REFUND/CANCELLATION UPDATE

Many of you have asked for full or partial refunds for the 2016 season.

Generally, as is standard practice throughout the industry, we have a no refund policy.

Our skiers, as with our snowmobilers are given full credits in the case of a cancellation by Chatter Creek.

This is well documented and understood by our skiers.

However, we recognise that was not clearly communicated to our snowmobiling community.

That issue will be addressed going forward, however as it pertains to 2016, we have decided to offer that option.

For those of you who have already confirmed your spots (or would like to) for the 2017 season, you can leave all funds with us or request a 75% refund.

In that instance, the remaining balance on those trips will be due in February, 2017.

For those of you who do not want to confirm your spots for next season, you may hold a credit with us orrequest a full refund.

In that case, please note we will not be able to guarantee your spots in 2017 should you decide to book at a later date.

We will be contacting each of you in the coming week to determine how you would like to proceed.

As a note, we appreciate your patience while we have worked through this unprecedented event.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at: 1.877.311.7199.

Thanks,

Clare​

Top Bottom