Charging system?

fastidle

Reaction score
On my 2007 700 King Quad I lost my charging capability, I charge the battery up and it starts fine but as the day goes on I just drain the battery. At the days end the battery shows 10.5 volts and wont turn over and 9 volts while running. Does anyone now much about rebuilding the charging system or have any other sugestions or ideas for the things I should check first before tearing into it.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I'd start by checking back the wiring if you can't any broken wires, and check make sure grounds are good might also be the stator if so might be a big job depends where it is and if motor has to come out or not

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havent had any issues at all with the 700 kq, double check connections on battery, check and ensure your battery is good, there was a cdi -guage update because the cdi/ecu would allow the display to draw the battery down and kill it , so double check ur battery specially if you never had the update done.

double check all connections as Murimantor said, while ur at it die-electric all connections for waterproofing...

the kq like most atvs have a charge coil which puts a charge back into the unit but not enough to fully charge the battery, to do that u must put it on a charger over nite.. Reg battery maintanance is to charge the battery every couple months,

Terry

fastidle

Reaction score
I plan to get the battery load tested now, it seems the charging is working just need to find something between the charger and the battery now?? doesnt sound fun

I plan to get the warrenty upgrades now as well

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I plan to get the battery load tested now, it seems the charging is working just need to find something between the charger and the battery now?? doesnt sound fun

I plan to get the warrenty upgrades now as well

easy for ur dealer to check...get updates done first, before us spend any$$$ it will more than likely fix ur problems..also invest in a new battery and ensure its charged properly before its installed... im sure ur dealer will at the least give u a deal on it....

T

fastidle

Reaction score
I Checked the voltage output and it was at 100 volts so the charging system is good. I got the dealer to check the battery and it was good, they replaced the computer and the ignition switch on warrenty. I cleaned all the ground and wiring connections I could find as well as the battery and things are back to normal. Just goes to show that simple connections and some die electric grease and some good warrenty work will do the trick sometimes. Thank god I dindnt have to find broken wires or shorted out wires.

Thanks guys for the help

Top Bottom