Charger or Turbo

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on the best bang for my buck. I bought an 09 Nytro xtx 1050cc 4 stroker and already looking at adding more power to it.

Question is, do I go with the Turbo or a Super Charger.

I am looking at an all around performance enhancement that I can use on the trails, boondocking and a little hill climbing, not big into the hill's though.

And I would still like to run pump gas.

Any suggestions?

Muleskinner

Reaction score
Another idea: I know a guy who sold a turbo unit and went back to a stock engine with nitrous. He said he didn't need the power until he was on the big hills and a 10-15 second shot was all he needed. He preferred the manners of the basic engine most of the time.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extra 100hp+ on pump gas (premium) from an MCX stage 1 turbo kit. The kit is $6500 uninstalled. It's lot's of power. There is no adjusting of fuel mixtures required and you do not need to be watching air/fuel etc. Just install, clutch and go. For less power and money you could go NOS, although I have never been a big fan myself of refilling bottles for 3 minutes of 8 second bursts, and you can't clutch for it. Every other supercharger and turbo kit on the market requires you to run air/fuel meter and adjust your mixtures (boondocker box style) I have put quite a few MC's on and have had great success with them since '05. If you want more info you can PM me or call Steve at Slave Lake Yamaha

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sly is also in my opponion one of the better dealers out there for getting it right before you go on the hill with it. I have yet to be let down by there service. They actually take the time to show you what's going on and how it works so you know what's going on.

Ps. It says something when I'll drive 6 hrs just for them to work on my stuff !!!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that supechargers are not as user friendly as a turbo well sly would no more then me:d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extra 100hp+ on pump gas (premium) from an MCX stage 1 turbo kit. The kit is $6500 uninstalled. It's lot's of power. There is no adjusting of fuel mixtures required and you do not need to be watching air/fuel etc. Just install, clutch and go. For less power and money you could go NOS, although I have never been a big fan myself of refilling bottles for 3 minutes of 8 second bursts, and you can't clutch for it. Every other supercharger and turbo kit on the market requires you to run air/fuel meter and adjust your mixtures (boondocker box style) I have put quite a few MC's on and have had great success with them since '05. If you want more info you can PM me or call Steve at Slave Lake Yamaha

Thanks SLY, my brother in law bought a MTX from you with the turbo, one that you used last year what a beast. That thing fly's. Suggested Richard put velcro on the seat so he didnt keep sliding off the back.:d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait till you see what we did to Richard's sled this week. :d He'll really need the velcro now, LOL as well as his sunglasses.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he just came back from Arizona and Vegas he was telling me. The boy has too much $$ to have so much fun. His sister and I are going to head to meet him in the mountains next weekend.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemont......

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be there saturday. Steve and trever will also be there. Maybe well meet up

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good.......

Top Bottom