Chappell creek

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of riding at chappell creek.always ride at clemina or allen.is it safe for all levels of riders.where is the staging area.any-info would be great.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chappel creek is 50km+- out of town on your right hand side. trail is groomed once a week and is about 27km long. the alpine is a great spot for all levels of riders. essentially large low slope meadows and some steep stuff if you need it. the only thing that i would caution you on is there are some steep cliffs that you need to be aware of and many people just drive off of them when the weather is really bad because they kind of just go with the contour of the ground. as you get to the end of the trail they are basically all along the right side unil you get to tiffany lake. just be aware thats all

Last edited:

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info.the group I go with only goes one or two times a year,just waned o be safe.sounds like a awesome place.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep rubbing it in......I should've just quit my job. Lol

Right I almost forgot you were suppose to be there too. It wasn't any fun anyway the sun was too bright and the snow kept plugging the intakes. And had to be careful not to get stuck going downhill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right I almost forgot you were suppose to be there too. It wasn't any fun anyway the sun was too bright and the snow kept plugging the intakes. And had to be careful not to get stuck going downhill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fuker......lol

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
Awesome area to ride with something for everyone, maxwell's description is bang on, long trail, be aware of cliffs on right side near the end of the trail, last time I was there a guy went over/down and his buddies had to send a chopper to get him out. With that said, it is fairly straight forward and easy to watch out for. The rest of it is great.

Last edited:

Rustifer

Reaction score
If you go past tiffany lake a little bit (hard to miss) there is a large face/cliff above a small lake that usually has a cornice on top. I have seen it slide a few times over the years and they were F*%$ huge slides, check avalanche.ca and watch for the signs.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for that. great to find out different things with this area.great bunch of peole on this site.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im heading out Tuesday, can anyone report what the snow and trail are like as of late. Thanks

polarboy

Reaction score
Great info here, thanks! 4 of us never been at Chappell before as we plan on checking it out the weekend of the 14th, sounds like it would be fine to bring 1 newbie there.

Catman13

Reaction score
Catman16. Looks like we were there the same time. March 23rd 2013. Three days of bluebird. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423329512.434229.jpg

bbsummit1

Reaction score
We rode there today and there is no snow everything is tracked down. It needs snow badly

Top Bottom