Changing rear springs

Limbo

Reaction score
Hey, going to attempt putting 'fat guy' springs on a 2014 XM tonight. Any tips tricks or things to watch for?

Thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loosen the track good, unbolt the rear suspension bolts from tunnel mounts. Swap everything out and reinstall. #1 position on cam adjuster is critical at assembly. Lol.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Take the skid out from under the sled. And just sit your butt down on the skid and undo the rear shock bolt, then slowly lift your ass, watch your ankles the springs will come out of the guides/slides at the bottom and slap the concrete, or your ankle bones if they aren't out of the way lol. Then just slide those springs off, put the new ones on, and grab the ends, park your ass down on the skid again, put weight on the skid and put the ends of the springs into the guides, and stick the bolt back in the upper shock eyelet. tighten it up, and check the rest of your skid, grease and replace bearings as necessary.

Just did this on my 2010 snopro.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the skid out from under the sled. And just sit your butt down on the skid and undo the rear shock bolt, then slowly lift your ass, watch your ankles the springs will come out of the guides/slides at the bottom and slap the concrete, or your ankle bones if they aren't out of the way lol. Then just slide those springs off, put the new ones on, and grab the ends, park your ass down on the skid again, put weight on the skid and put the ends of the springs into the guides, and stick the bolt back in the upper shock eyelet. tighten it up, and check the rest of your skid, grease and replace bearings as necessary.

Just did this on my 2010 snopro.
Holy crap! No need to pull the whole skid, just undo the rear mounts. No danger involved either. Lol.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Holy crap! No need to pull the whole skid, just undo the rear mounts. No danger involved either. Lol.
haha, well the skid is only 4 bolts and then the track tension, plus if hes gotta do anything else on the skid it`s easier while its out, to each his own i guess, i'm anal about everything i own.

Top Bottom