Changing lights on the RV to LEDs

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2
Looking for lighting for the back end of toy hauler inside as well as under the hood of my truck. These guys should work great!

I am setting up my enclosed for day trip riding and hunting. Can't always use toyhauler. These lights look good.

Sent from my iPhone 5

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I am setting up my enclosed for day trip riding and hunting. Can't always use toyhauler. These lights look good.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Did you find a dealer in Edmonton?

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
LED lights in Edmonton, try "LED Lights Canada"
It is a one man shop on 97 street, just south of 34 ave, on the second floor.

As for LED in your garage, don't bother with LED.
Go with T5 lighting instead, it is much brighter.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find good bright LED lights for my garage. Anybody ideas??

I don't know how they would work in a garage setting but I just changed out my basement lights my basement is about the size of a garage with 1 x 22w and 2x 18w round led panel lights they provide lots of light thinking of doing the garage next as I have a combination of t5 tube lights 4 x 4ft tubes and 2 25w cfl bulbs

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LED lights in Edmonton, try "LED Lights Canada"
It is a one man shop on 97 street, just south of 34 ave, on the second floor.

As for LED in your garage, don't bother with LED.
Go with T5 lighting instead, it is much brighter.
that guy's prices are way out to lunch for drivers, controllers, and light strips. you can get them direct from china with free shipping for one third of what he's asking.

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
You have 4 bulb T5 fixtures in the garage and are thinking of switching to LED?
If it isn't bright enough add more T5 fixtures. Going to LED will not improve the brightness.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i go with the 4ft 2bulb T5 fixtures would it be bright enough i would have 6 T5 fixtures in my 24x28ft garage. Or should i go with the 4ft 4bulb T5 fixtures??

King of the hill

Reaction score
If i go with the 4ft 2bulb T5 fixtures would it be bright enough i would have 6 T5 fixtures in my 24x28ft garage. Or should i go with the 4ft 4bulb T5 fixtures??

I have a 3 car garage, put in 4 x 4 bulb (outside bays) and 2 x 2 bulb (middle bay) t5 fixtures. Works great, wouldn't change it.

Last edited:

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i just bought one T8 4bulb fixture going to give it a try in my garage if i like it i will get 3 more. LOL Hope i will need my shades to work in the garage now!!!!

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
Well i just bought one T8 4bulb fixture going to give it a try in my garage if i like it i will get 3 more. LOL Hope i will need my shades to work in the garage now!!!!

T5 bulb are brighter than T8 and the T5 fixtures will draw less power.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one T8 4 bulb fixture in and WOW it is amazing!!!! Going to get 3 more tomorrow. I am very pleased with the lighting in the garage now!!!!!!

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got all 4 T8 4 bulb fixtures up in the garage and WOW what a Fu** of a difference. Dont need to mess around with flash lights anymore!!!! Wife says she needs shades to go in the garage!!! LOL I wish i would if done this years ago!! Thanks guys for the info!!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They work great. I have 9 fixtures (4 bulb) in my garage....there's no lack of light. The Only grief I have with them is that the digital ballasts fawk up the stereo.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There always mess with the stereo or just interference with fm radio?

realwickedone

Reaction score
Judging by your toy list,i'm assuming your using your toybox in the winter and those are the lights your changing out??? Led's are great but if you do a lot of winter driving the led's don't get hot enough, so your rear tail lights and clearance snow over from the turbulance at the back of the trailer and basically its like driving with no lights at all,for that matter if it is snowing really hard your front clearance lights cover over also,driving truck for a living as the trailers we pull are slowly changing over to led's this is what we are seeing no biggy just that depending on who's out there i have been pulled over by the RCMP and givin a warning about tail lights not being visible.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got all 4 T8 4 bulb fixtures up in the garage and WOW what a Fu** of a difference. Dont need to mess around with flash lights anymore!!!! Wife says she needs shades to go in the garage!!! LOL I wish i would if done this years ago!! Thanks guys for the info!!!
Maybe I missed it but what kind of lights make/model did you go with? Where did you get them? Got any pics?
I got a 30x30 garage I am wiring right now and need to buy lights. Looking for ideas. I found a 4 bulb set-up at Home Depot but the assembled height is over 4". I need something a little less than that to clear the garage door.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am ordering some more 194 to led bulbs, 1156 to led bulbs and halogen to led bulbs. P.m. if anyone wants some.

Thought I should mention that those lights I got from you work awesome.:thumbsup2:
If you plan on getting any more I would be into getting a few more as well.
About 10 more I think would do it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I should mention that those lights I got from you work awesome.:thumbsup2:
If you plan on getting any more I would be into getting a few more as well.
About 10 more I think would do it.

Ok...

Top Bottom