Changing lights on the RV to LEDs

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just received my package today from Hong Kong/China. 20 LED # 906 and 10 LED # 1156 all for $35 delivered to my door. Took 13 days to get them. I will install them this weekend (906 for me and 1156 for father in law). Almost too cheap to be true.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanxs tex, the guy at the rv shop was rattlin off numbers faster than i could count on the fingers and toes. hehe.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used either in high mount stop lights in vehicles.

Same as a 194 peanut bulb but with a bigger head ( watts-brightness)

sent from my htc

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just received my package today from Hong Kong/China. 20 LED # 906 and 10 LED # 1156 all for $35 delivered to my door. Took 13 days to get them. I will install them this weekend (906 for me and 1156 for father in law). Almost too cheap to be true.

Deal extreme?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type do you need I will be placing another order.

I will have to look when I get home from work in a couple days. Would save on shipping if we can get a group order.

It turns out I need led's to replace 1141 style bulbs. What have you been able to find and what kind of price are we talking? I'm thinking of doing the 4 in the bedroom first to see what kind of light I get out of them before I do the whole trailer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arnt 1141 the same end as 1156 ??

Just lower wattage.

sent from my htc

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That clown won't ship to Canada though. His bulbs look decent however.

I did find another guy on ebay for $10 a bulb but I want something in the 3000k light range to retain the warm white light instead of the blueish 6000K that many sell. Those are a little hard on the eyes after awhile I find.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa. Sissy. How much u in the trailer ???

I just want the power savings so if they happen to be on.

White light , blue light ..........

Muffin

sent from my htc

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quantity1 Piece
Casing ColorWhite
Emitter Type5050 SMD LED
Total Emitters19
Light ColorWhite
Rated Voltage12~17V
Power4W
Luminous Flux330lm
Color Temperature6500K
Connector Type1156 BA15S
ApplicationBackup light
Packing List1 x Lamp

Found these

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sku_138459_2.jpg

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If anyone wants to experient with offshore LEDs from deal extreme, i have a bag full for trial. All im gonna say is you get what u pay for. Im betting that bulb will turn blue/ green/ yellow in a matter of hours. I bought a ch!t pile of a similar unit and thought i would surprize the wife while she was around the fire, by the time bed rolled around it looked like a disco club in our trailer and ended up changing them back at 3am when i couldna been doing something else.:cool:

Reactions: LBZ

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If anyone wants to experient with offshore LEDs from deal extreme, i have a bag full for trial. All im gonna say is you get what u pay for. Im betting that bulb will turn blue/ green/ yellow in a matter of hours. I bought a ch!t pile of a similar unit and thought i would surprize the wife while she was around the fire, by the time bed rolled around it looked like a disco club in our trailer and ended up changing them back at 3am when i couldna been doing something else.:cool:

how much you want for the bag full of disco lights?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quantity
1 Piece
Casing Color
White
Emitter Type
5050 SMD LED
Total Emitters
Light Color
White
Rated Voltage
12~17V
Power
4W
Luminous Flux
330lm
Color Temperature
Connector Type
1156 BA15S
Application
Backup light
Packing List
1 x Lamp

Found these

How much per light?

I had a set of LED in my DRL's on my truck that did the disco thing after a few months as well.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to experient with offshore LEDs from deal extreme, i have a bag full for trial. All im gonna say is you get what u pay for. Im betting that bulb will turn blue/ green/ yellow in a matter of hours. I bought a ch!t pile of a similar unit and thought i would surprize the wife while she was around the fire, by the time bed rolled around it looked like a disco club in our trailer and ended up changing them back at 3am when i couldna been doing something else.

I have 42 of those exact same bulbs in my toyhauler, and a bunch in my little work trailer, and so far no disco lights. Don't forget....puff puff pass.....the pass part is very important.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That tends to happen with LED's if the voltage drops to much. It all depends on the quality of light, but usually if a batter gets weak, they do all sorts of weird things.

The guy I bought my LED's from did tell me that white or "natural" light is the most expensive color for LED manufacturers to produce. Maybe somebody cut some corners?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the Rigid LED RV strips in this spring and so far so good, darn expensive, but a real nice light.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ
Top Bottom