Changing lights on the RV to LEDs

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the Rigid LED RV strips in this spring and so far so good, darn expensive, but a real nice light.

Where did you find the RV strips? Or are you talking about the sticky back style that replace the 1156/1141 lights? I want some for the back part of my toyhauler about 40" long or so to put on the walls where for some reason Thor figured no lights were needed.:rant:

I totally forgot about Rigid's other lights so I went to their site and found these:
LED 1156 Bulb

Also they have the more expensive sticky back style here:
RV LED 315 LUMENS

More money but they do have a 2 year warranty. I think I'm going to go with a few of the 1156 and the sticky back ones to try both and see which ones I like more and then eventually replace them all. My luck with the chinese led lights has been a fail so far so I think I am going to stay away from them.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you find the RV strips? Or are you talking about the sticky back style that replace the 1156/1141 lights? I want some for the back part of my toyhauler about 40" long or so to put on the walls where for some reason Thor figured no lights were needed.:rant:

I totally forgot about Rigid's other lights so I went to their site and found these:
LED 1156 Bulb

Also they have the more expensive sticky back style here:
RV LED 315 LUMENS

More money but they do have a 2 year warranty. I think I'm going to go with a few of the 1156 and the sticky back ones to try both and see which ones I like more and then eventually replace them all. My luck with the chinese led lights has been a fail so far so I think I am going to stay away from them.

Its the 2nd ones that I used, kinda weird at stick something to your housing, but hey work, a nice light, dont add any heat and very low battery draw. Not cheap, but if they last as long as they say I shouldnt have to change another bulb, and they are nice to read with.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to experient with offshore LEDs from deal extreme, i have a bag full for trial. All im gonna say is you get what u pay for. Im betting that bulb will turn blue/ green/ yellow in a matter of hours. I bought a ch!t pile of a similar unit and thought i would surprize the wife while she was around the fire, by the time bed rolled around it looked like a disco club in our trailer and ended up changing them back at 3am when i couldna been doing something else.

I have 42 of those exact same bulbs in my toyhauler, and a bunch in my little work trailer, and so far no disco lights. Don't forget....puff puff pass.....the pass part is very important.[/

Mine are still good.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably someone from mexico, telling the federallies that it was bottled water. ya right.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am ordering some more 194 to led bulbs, 1156 to led bulbs and halogen to led bulbs. P.m. if anyone wants some.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am ordering some more 194 to led bulbs, 1156 to led bulbs and halogen to led bulbs. P.m. if anyone wants some.

so are you ordering new bulbs or the old worn out ones ya sold me?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the last ones, didn't have much light, as you fell over every chute rope and chair in the place.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My new solar panel arrived today. We will be changing over another trailer tomorrow from regular bulbs to led. Also installing his solar panel. I will do a amp draw test before and after with all the lights on. Results will be posted when completed.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch from extreme machines out by sylvan for a reasonable price pretty sure hes on here not sure his name here though

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My new solar panel arrived today. We will be changing over another trailer tomorrow from regular bulbs to led. Also installing his solar panel. I will do a amp draw test before and after with all the lights on. Results will be posted when completed.

no results and no posts, what is up with that.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no results and no posts, what is up with that.

It worked great.

130 watt panel to a electronic control to 2 6 volt batteries.

ran a 1500 watt inverter can use the tv or the toaster.

Even my a hair dryer.

After 3 or 4 hours of tv batteries down to 75 to 80 percent with no sun for charging.

Next day by 1030 or 1100 batteries back to 100 percent.

So for keeping the batteries charged and light power draws from a inverter it worked good..

Also I changed all my bulbs to led as well.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had put a good solar panel on my motorhome a few years back. One of the best things I ever did. I can go random camping anywhere and never have to worry about my batteries. I even had a couple bad batteries last year. Before I changed them out the heater would kill them totally and by noon they were fully charged again.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any recommendations for led lights that create good interior light for an enclosed trailer...want to ditch the tubes...

We have just changed all our work lights for inside of the aircraft from tubes to an LED bar light they cast a very good light. We use them to light up the fuselage of a twin otter 20 x 7 tube basically to do this we use 2x 1.5m strips

when I first saw them thought they would be excellent for an enclosed as they are very low profile only 1/ 2"deep

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have just changed all our work lights for inside of the aircraft from tubes to an LED bar light they cast a very good light. We use them to light up the fuselage of a twin otter 20 x 7 tube basically to do this we use 2x 1.5m strips

when I first saw them thought they would be excellent for an enclosed as they are very low profile only 1/ 2"deep

Thanks. I am looking for some for my new enclosed trailer.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am looking for some for my new enclosed trailer.
x2
Looking for lighting for the back end of toy hauler inside as well as under the hood of my truck. These guys should work great!

Top Bottom