Changeing reed valves on Bd Rg turbo m8

Turboo

Reaction score
Im having a hell of a time getting the reed valves out. Do you have to completely remove the throttle bodies? if so whats the trick getting the rad hose of the bottem of the clutch side carb???
Please help!!

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
you have to pull the coolant lines and the oil pump rod off the throttle bodies and the will life out of the way>

Turboo

Reaction score
what is going to be the trick in hooking that coolant line back up on the bottom of the clutch throttle body? did you remove the oil resivor?
What compression suppose to be on an m8 2008?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went through this - pull the bellypan plastic plate off and unhook those coolant lines from underneath where you can reach them better. I unhooked one right at the pump and the other line had a coupling with hose clamps right in the middle. Previous owner may have installed the coupling to make this easier. For the linkage to oil pump it pops right off the throttle body just pry it to the side.

Turboo

Reaction score
I just went through this - pull the bellypan plastic plate off and unhook those coolant lines from underneath where you can reach them better. I unhooked one right at the pump and the other line had a coupling with hose clamps right in the middle. Previous owner may have installed the coupling to make this easier. For the linkage to oil pump it pops right off the throttle body just pry it to the side.

THANKS A BUNCH

yes remove the belly pan you can unhook it at the back of the block.

found my low end bog problem broken and cracked reeds. boyseen makes a reed valves for m8 turbo fyi special order

Top Bottom