CFR Boondocker 2.0 bars

Canada700

Reaction score
Just bought a set of these bars, anyone else have a set? also can i re-use my heated grip elements or just buy new ones?

JONSHOW

Reaction score
CFR Turcotte Bars.jpg
I have the Turcotte Pro model on my M8000. (Same bars as the Boondocker 2.0 except they come in green)
I love 'em.
I dont run heated grips or a flipper heater, but if you want to, spend the time to peel your old elements off your old bars.
Use a heatgun to soften the adhesive and peel them off slowly. TAKE YOUR TIME. It's really easy to break the element and then you have to buy new ones which cost $70 a piece from Cat.
Aftermarket ones are not much cheaper and probably wont have the right connection to plug in to your harness so you'd have to cut and wire them.
If you run in to a pesky spot where the elements are sticking still, spray a little WD-40 under the element to weaken the adhesive or try cutting at it with an OLFa blade. (Be careful not to cut in to the element!)
If you use the 'dub on em, spray the element off with brake clean before you try and glue them on your new bars.
Use a bit of 3M spray adhesive on your bars and elements to get them to stick to your new bars.
Good Luck!

stusnow

Reaction score
^^Cat elements do not cost even close to that much. Get new elements and go to a doo dealer and buy the cork that they use for their heated grips. Nice part about the cat heat elements is they come with the plug already on so no solder or splicing to do. Also get the ODI grips. Much better than stock

JONSHOW

Reaction score
^^Cat elements do not cost even close to that much. Get new elements and go to a doo dealer and buy the cork that they use for their heated grips...

The following snippets are from Dons Speed (Can $), Country Cat (US $), and AC Parts Nation (US $)
Element $ Dons Speed.JPG
Element $ Country Cat.jpg
Element $ AC Parts Nation.JPG
Add shipping, duty and exchange to the US priced elements and they'll come closer to the Canadian priced ones.
Your dealer might give you 10-15% off if you have a relationship with them but it's never a guarantee.

The only reason you'd want to add corks to your elements is to help them get a bit hotter as your bars will act as a heatsink robbing some of the energy from the element.
How hot do you need your handwarmers? You're not riding on the tundra all day long at -30c...
Plus, the cork, even at 1/16" thich adds even more thickness to your final grip O.D..
Thick grips suck.
The reason I'm not running elements is I like my grip thickness the way it is with my ODI Longnecks.

Tippett

Reaction score
I bought new grip heater elements from cat for 22$ a piece

I have a set of RSI heater elements for a cat that just plug right in. They were 70$

Top Bottom