Censorship reigns down!

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly for businesses, that's the way it is. If you rub a customer the wrong way, they may never come back and their opinion is spread to anyone who will listen:(

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly for businesses, that's the way it is. If you rub a customer the wrong way, they may never come back and their opinion is spread to anyone who will listen:(

And that is why the inter-web is such a great tool!!!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I think that BBtoys was the first mod on sight after MM9 and that he was possibly tired from all the events and also on a power trip.

:hmm: Barry put that into moderation and told me to look it over. Theres no power trip from any moderators on here. As I said earlier the thread was about congratulating Denise for the new business and it was going south fast. And it was totally off topic. My theory has always been, "What goes around, comes around", and if there are issues with people then let people choose which business they deal with themselves. I will review the thread and open it back up and see how it goes. It doesn't matter if a business or individual is a supporting vendor or not, if we have a post or thread in question we will moderate it and discuss amongst us before it is cleared. Sometimes this may take a few days as well.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um, something smells a little fishy here. Check out all the bashing in the Revelsyoke and area sec. (Glacier house for last time) looks like a lot of peeps are very unhappy with poor old Alexs joint. And after all the glowing recommendations floating around , sounds like a place to stay away from.

BB removed the thread from trailcrusader, when he related his experienses with Denise at the old ride and hide. There were definitly a lot of glowing reports of her new Business. Glen bought it out and proceeded to distance himself from that entity (good business practice, nice shop, excellent people congrats glen)

so to mods you can't have it both ways. bb toys you are way out of bounds here, instead of removing thread (looks very fishy) an explanation would have been better served.

Every business must make it's own way, and will prosper or fail, people will have bad experiences, you can't get away from that, but to cover up is still hiding something. in essence you are promoting a business(without support from said business BB, unless their is something you are not telling us, sounds like a little of this is my sand box and you can't play here)

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO... u are kidding, right? Just an FYI, the ONLY place that I have spent spent my sledding trip money over the last 6 years is IN MCBRIDE! And if you care to know, I have spent a fair amount of money in Denise's old shop, Glen's new shop and now Denise's new shop...

I have never said anything bad about Denise, her shop or any of her past business deals... All I was saying is that people don't forget the issues that they experienced in the past... however, with time and consistency, those perceptions can be changed and as I said "NOW is her time"

Not sure why you have your panties in a bunch and start off with name calling hughie???... :confused:
My panties aren't really in a knot, I'm tryin the commando thing, but it's tuesday and look how far this thread has gone when most of the moderators were in mcbride for the weekend, then they get home late sunday probably and have to review the thread and discuss it with each other, but they also have lives, I'm just thinkin it must be nice to be perfect, or at least ignorant enough to believe that you are, and since this thread is about fighting to be able to voice your opinion, I hope I don't offend anyone, just my opinion

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um, something smells a little fishy here. Check out all the bashing in the Revelsyoke and area sec. (Glacier house for last time) looks like a lot of peeps are very unhappy with poor old Alexs joint. And after all the glowing recommendations floating around , sounds like a place to stay away from.

BB removed the thread from trailcrusader, when he related his experienses with Denise at the old ride and hide. There were definitly a lot of glowing reports of her new Business. Glen bought it out and proceeded to distance himself from that entity (good business practice, nice shop, excellent people congrats glen)

so to mods you can't have it both ways. bb toys you are way out of bounds here, instead of removing thread (looks very fishy) an explanation would have been better served.

Every business must make it's own way, and will prosper or fail, people will have bad experiences, you can't get away from that, but to cover up is still hiding something. in essence you are promoting a business(without support from said business BB, unless their is something you are not telling us, sounds like a little of this is my sand box and you can't play here)
There is an explanation but I can't put in the public eye as it is not my place to do so. I am privy to some info that is directly involved with this situation and that is the reason that some stuff had to stop. Sorry that this most likely will not satisfy some of you but that is the way this one has to end. I don't go out of my way to edit stuff for the purpose of pissing people off. Sometimes there is an under lying situation that peep's don't know.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good by me, not a big deal anyway, usually stuff gets aired out and it's all good in the end. New business that is customer oriented, is always welcome in the sled world, especially when parts are needed to keep sledding on weekends.

Cheers and Beers.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree IMDOO'N it's water under the bridge, The Mods on this site do a great job keeping this an enjoyable site to visit, But peeps logon to this site and other sites to exchange laughs, information, and most importantly experiences.
I believe if I had a bad experience with a product or a business, I would feel obligated to share that experience, to enlighten people on my misfortune, if a vendor got wind of unhappy customers details a good business person would correct the problem and make it better for everyone in the long run, and bring their business Reputation up.
I'm wondering how this is going to turn out, do we have to stop complaining about sleds, quads, cars, and trucks.

laserRob

Reaction score
Yes I agree IMDOO'N it's water under the bridge, The Mods on this site do a great job keeping this an enjoyable site to visit, But peeps logon to this site and other sites to exchange laughs, information, and most importantly experiences.
I believe if I had a bad experience with a product or a business, I would feel obligated to share that experience, to enlighten people on my misfortune, if a vendor got wind of unhappy customers details a good business person would correct the problem and make it better for everyone in the long run, and bring their business Reputation up.
I'm wondering how this is going to turn out, do we have to stop complaining about sleds, quads, cars, and trucks.

Good thread! I enjoyed reading everyone's OPINION.

As an 'outsider', I believe the 'mods' do a great job.

I, personally, appreciate all sides.

Thanks!

Rob

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't have to stop complaining about current business's, the one that is in question is no longer in business so what is the use in telling stories about it if it can't hurt any of you peep's. New shop most likely has new policies and if not then let all know but untill then carry on.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We try our best not to moderate most of threads even when they are questionable. We have some guidelines we follow when addressing a single post versus an entire thread. When we Censor we usually pull the thread from view so we can discuss it to determine if it is really a problem or not. It's better that 12 Mods have input than one single person make the decision. When we moderate a single comment on a thread it is not uncommon for the Mod to send a PM to the member letting that person know why.
Sometimes the thread mysteriously returns with some changes, sometimes not.
Bbtoys is correct on one thing, we often know more about what is happening in the background but are not at liberty to share that info and that makes it difficult too.
We do attempt to keep complaints first hand versus "I heard from a buddy that..."
It's tough Mod'n some of the threads/post because I sometimes agree with comments made, but we as Mods try and look at the bigger picture for the site and the members.
We are doomed to fail either way because we can't please everyone, but that's ok, we just do our best.

Snotty...good to have you back on the site...you know if I Mod your posty I will always let you know or leave a bunny poopy behind...lol...

Thanks for the honest feedback from the Peeps, this is how we continue to change and grow the site.

Cheerz

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
You don't have to stop complaining about current business's, the one that is in question is no longer in business so what is the use in telling stories about it if it can't hurt any of you peep's. New shop most likely has new policies and if not then let all know but untill then carry on.

BBtoys,

I am tired of your rhetoric about past businesses. We base our opinions on past experiences. We cannot base an objective opinion on something in the future. Example: I cannot say that I am angry because I might not get good service from ABC123 Ltd in the future, when I have never dealt with them.
The past experiences with the former sled shop in question are VERY RELEVANT because of the ownership in the new shop. Do you understand my thinking.
Your are a MOD, not GOD. Just because you have your own way of thinking does not mean we are the same way. You are not right all the time by any means. We do not have to accept your way of thinking.

If one letter of this post gets moderated, close my account because I no longer care about this site.

W

woodies

i'm very confussed! you say trailcrusader that you want to bash a company that no longer is around! what is the point?the new company is owned by the wife if i get this right?the husband is out of the picture?now maybe she has a different attitude and should be allowed to make or break this new business.maybe i'm wrong and i have been before but like some i will make a mistake, so correct me if i'm wrong! and no i don't have any dealings with any past or present but it is worry some that a fresh start gets painted with a old brush!Steve

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BBtoys,

I am tired of your rhetoric about past businesses. We base our opinions on past experiences. We cannot base an objective opinion on something in the future. Example: I cannot say that I am angry because I might not get good service from ABC123 Ltd in the future, when I have never dealt with them.
The past experiences with the former sled shop in question are VERY RELEVANT because of the ownership in the new shop. Do you understand my thinking.
Your are a MOD, not GOD. Just because you have your own way of thinking does not mean we are the same way. You are not right all the time by any means. We do not have to accept your way of thinking.

If one letter of this post gets moderated, close my account because I no longer care about this site.

Why can we all be happy that we have two shops in mcbride!, I have had great customer service with the old owners of R N H and the new owners of spindrift. Kudos to Denice for making a go of it, not only is she supplying a expanded service In the area she also created extra jobs, we all have our prefered service providor some like expressvue over starchoice for example, and I know there are some of you out there that have been "one bitten twice shy" but everyone is entitled to a second chance.
Cheers :beer::beer:

Last edited:

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
i'm very confussed! you say trailcrusader that you want to bash a company that no longer is around! what is the point?the new company is owned by the wife if i get this right?the husband is out of the picture?now maybe she has a different attitude and should be allowed to make or break this new business.maybe i'm wrong and i have been before but like some i will make a mistake, so correct me if i'm wrong! and no i don't have any dealings with any past or present but it is worry some that a fresh start gets painted with a old brush!Steve

The past issue I had was with the "wife", so my past experiences are still relevant, as are others. I will learn through the posts of other's experiences if the new shop earns respect. I will read about it, but not experience it myself at this time.

You almost sound like bbtoys, for which I have a few more words for:
BBtoys, stop correcting peoples opinions and experiences. That is not for you to moderate when there is no foul language etc.

If I was to make a prediction about how this site would grow with the approval of bbtoys, I would say this:
The forum threads would look like this:

1. Where can I eat in Mcbride?
- there are many good places to eat, including.......
- I had an awesome steak at ..... LOL

2. Where can I stay in Mcbride?
- there are many awesome places with rooms to sleep.

3. What are the Renshaw conditions?
- We had snow last night and it continues to snow in town>
- Lots of powder, we got stuck all day.
4. Where can I buy cheap BR9ECs plugs in Red Deer?

Repeat #s 1 to 4 to ensure a web forum that will get stale and boring real fast.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
Why can we all be happy that we have two shops in mcbride!, I have had great customer service with the old owners of R N H and the new owner of spindrift. Kudos to Denice for making a go of it, not only is she supplying a expanded service In the area she also created extra jobs, we all have our prefered service providor some like expressvue over starchoice for example, and I know there are some of you out there that have been "one bitten twice shy" but everyone is entitled to a second chance.
Cheers :beer::beer:

It's not about two shops in McBride. It's about expresing relevant experiences about a shop in McBride.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We try our best not to moderate most of threads even when they are questionable. We have some guidelines we follow when addressing a single post versus an entire thread. When we Censor we usually pull the thread from view so we can discuss it to determine if it is really a problem or not. It's better that 12 Mods have input than one single person make the decision. When we moderate a single comment on a thread it is not uncommon for the Mod to send a PM to the member letting that person know why.
Bbtoys is correct on one thing, we often know more about what is happening in the background but are not at liberty to share that info and that makes it difficult too.
We do attempt to keep complaints first hand versus "I heard from a buddy that..."
It's tough Mod'n some of the threads/post because I sometimes agree with comments made, but we as Mods try and look at the bigger picture for the site and the members.
We are doomed to fail either way because we can't please everyone, but that's ok, we just do our best.

Snotty...good to have you back on the site...you know if I Mod your posty I will always let you know or leave a bunny poopy behind...lol...

Thanks for the honest feedback from the Peeps, this is how we continue to change and grow the site.

Cheerz

SBR you are the biggest, mostest unfair mod I've ever met. Your goofy looking and pretty much the worst speller I've ever seen on the internet. Dont they have a test before your allowed Mod status....and I dont mean PEE TEST. I should of bunny slapped the fur off you at the Sled Show.
Is this thread about bashing?

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Thanks, Sledbunny. Being on the Moderation Team is not an easy job for any of you. I know that you guys take alot of flack at times. Just want to let you know that your efforts are appreciated.

Cheerz

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Sledbunny. Being on the Moderation Team is not an easy job for any of you. I know that you guys take alot of flack at times. Just want to let you know that your efforts are appreciated.

SBR theres a cookie for you:d
Hope your milk with that cookie is sour:d:eek:
Seen SBR come out on the string twice at MM09, should of had a Fund raiser, like the Horse thing to get Curtis out of the mountains.

p.s. all the Mods do a good job...BOOYAAH to you all

Top Bottom