Caution All 2009 Polaris Owners

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures!!!! I was in to the dealer before I came back to work and was going to take pictures, but........there wasn't really alot a guy could see that was wrong. Some minor scuffing on the Non-PTO side and the jugs didn't even have a scratch. Yours looks pretty bad.......snow ingestion??????....when are these guys going to pull their heads out of their a@@es????? If your dealer comes up with something....be sure to let us know!!!:rant::rant::rant::nono::confused::confused::confused:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently they fixed the 08s headlight adjuster problem, a guy on snowest claimed that he checked his and its different than the 07s. Im going to check mine and im going to silicon the drain hole, and take my headlight out, put weather stripping around it and then stick it back in, i heard this works. If you put a bright light in your airbox and close your hood you can see all the cracks where snow can get in.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you pay 12000.oo for a sled you shouldn't have to do stuff like this with the headlight, the dealerships should be doing it.. As it is a problem with there sled..

LDN

Reaction score
What happened to your Assault? Did you have an engine failure?
Why won't the dealer look after you?

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you pay 12000.oo for a sled you shouldn't have to do stuff like this with the headlight, the dealerships should be doing it.. As it is a problem with there sled..
Couldnt agree more. Im stopping by my dealer today and having a talk with them. Easier for them to fix the problem now rather than having to deal with me after the motor goes.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle works knows nothing about any problems with the snow ingestion or a lean spot in the Assaults, Dragons or any 800's. I did talk to one of the mechanics which rides an Assualt and he says that if you hold them around 6500rpm it does feel like there is a lean spot there. (Sled surges) Guess Ill just have to wait and see if anything happens.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading an article in SNOW TECH magazine (January/February 2009) that had a person ask about the CFI hesitation. This is what the columnist said......because of the way the new Cleanfire Ignition works there is a dead spot between where your low injectors and high injectors start and stop....causing a hesitation at 6500 rpm. Skidoo and Arctic Cat have different injection systems which have dealt with this problem. On the way to work I bought every snowmobile magazine I could get my hands on....and I haven't found too many articles about Polaris. Either no one is having problems or Polaris isn't admitting to it!!!! I think it's the latter.....Canada is usually the last one to get the information, sooo this isn't surprizing.....JUST A GIANT PAIN IN THE A#$!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually going to start looking for any Arctic Cat HCR's because Polaris has dropped the ball and I'm tired of it!!!!!!

dragin8

Reaction score
who uses the headlight ajustment knob? POLARIS WAKE UP!it`s like giving a nun a rubber

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who uses the headlight ajustment knob? POLARIS WAKE UP!it`s like giving a nun a rubber

i agree, i think they shouldn't even put one on there. just make the headlight so it sits at a decent hight. i have never used one on a sled. the one on my switchback is broke.

kojack1122

Reaction score
Bought my 136 IQ Shift a weak and a half ago. Got just over 300 miles on it and blew a cylinder. They say its the intake side which suggests that I'm taking in snow. I'm a little P'd off. Going to have to try to seal the light and headlight adjuster I guess. I found out today that there is also a recall on the P2 clutch (spring and helix) for the RMK's that has now been extended to the IQ Shift.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i still think its not snow ingestion, ive read many places that thers something wrong with the fuel mapping around the 6000rpm range that makes it run lean

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a new remap dated Jan 27/09 for the 800 hundreds. Recall on the helix......ummmmm, dealer didn't say anything to me about it.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new motor is in, waiting for new sensors now.dealer has been good about everything,checking all stuff that i ask him to.will ask about helix.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a little fix i did for snow ingestion and ice build up infront of the pipe. I sealed the whole headlight area with foam trim and electrical taped the adjuster and drip hole but this is just in case some foam comes loose or snow some how gets in.

the air horn is the same one my 03 edge had, its a ball field shape and it mounts to a round surface but they use the foam to cover it...... just like the tail light, my dad had a 1986 polaris trail boss and it had the same tail light my rmk. I wrapped it in slp air filter material, zip tied it tight and glued it. The vents i took out, spay adhesive the edges and covered them with the material too. I needed to re do my dash vents because they ripped so for $40 bucks im snow ingestion free.

Attachments

• P1010809.jpg
    P1010809.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 86
  • P1010812.jpg
    P1010812.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010814.jpg
    P1010814.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 90
  • P1010816.jpg
    P1010816.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 87

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my 136 IQ Shift a weak and a half ago. Got just over 300 miles on it and blew a cylinder. They say its the intake side which suggests that I'm taking in snow. I'm a little P'd off. Going to have to try to seal the light and headlight adjuster I guess. I found out today that there is also a recall on the P2 clutch (spring and helix) for the RMK's that has now been extended to the IQ Shift.

What dealer did you here this from. I asked at Cycle Works today and they know nothing about it.

Top Bottom