Catching the Thieves.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone here the story a few years back at six lakes north of fort mac?

from what i heard was that some atvers came back to their trucks to find a intruder. they caught him and tied him to a tree, then waited for police. when the policia came it ended up being the atvers charged.

not totally sure on the details hoping someone knew

i agree on the 3S's, cops are useless!!!

i never heard about that one, but i dont doubt it... should have went down like this.....

officer i dont know what got into the fellow,,,must be on some heavy drugs....first he tried to go through a closed window ,,,then he thought he was superman and tried to force his head through the door on the truck.... 3 times....took a big breath and run head first into the tailgate......then he took and nap and when he woke up he slammed his D.... in the tailgate...... and fell knocking out his teeth on the hitch of the truck........ we attempted to help him....but he was under the influence of some hullucinegenics. so we tied him up.... and waited for you guys to arrive..........

just an observation............

T

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone here the story a few years back at six lakes north of fort mac?

from what i heard was that some atvers came back to their trucks to find a intruder. they caught him and tied him to a tree, then waited for police. when the policia came it ended up being the atvers charged.

not totally sure on the details hoping someone knew

i agree on the 3S's, cops are useless!!!

That wouldn't stand in court. The ATVers did the right thing.

The same kind of incident with Brian happened around here. Bunch of kids stealing farm gas all the time. One farmer caught them in the act, put a couple rounds into their car. He ended up getting charged, but charges were dropped later.

One Shot Willie

Reaction score
What happens when you catch someone stealing your ATV on your own property.

Alberta farmer charged with shooting suspected thief - CTV News

VERY INTERESTING STORY...ALMOST SEEMS THAT THE THEIVES ARE PERCEIVED AS VICTIMS BY YOUR LAW ENFORCEMENT...THAT BOGGLES MY MIND...HERE IN MONTANA THE GENERAL KNOWLEDGE IS THAT ANYBODY LIVING IN THE COUNTRY WILL HAVE FIREARMS, THEY WILL KNOW HOW TO USE THEM VERY WELL, AND THEY ARE NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM... TO QUOTE A GREAT AMERICAN : " GOT A RIFLE AN A SHOTGUN AN A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE -AN A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE...":cool: AS FOR ME, I KNOW HOW I WILL REACT IN A SITUATION LIKE THAT BEFORE IT EVER HAPPENS - RATHER THAN TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT AFTER IN THE AFTERMATH...CATCH MY DRIFT??? I DON'T WANT TO COME OFF ALL MACHO SOUNDING... I'M PRETTY SURE ANYBODY THAT HAS WORKED HARD FOR THEIR POSSESSIONS FEELS THE SAME WAY... OR... MAYBE THATS JUST THE MINDSET OF MONTANA FOLK...:cool:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do what ever it takes physically to keep that person there until the cops show up. If the guy happens to fall many times on the ground and is all bruised and bloody, you were being a good citizen helping him get up :d.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Laws were only created to keep honest people at bay. according to the LIEberal government criminals don't not fall into the category,.. did you not get the memo?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His only wrong doings were calling the police and missing them. You enter someones property and steal something....you have no rights. I don't care if someone was stealing a penny from me, if I caught them there won't be no cops called that's for sure. If there 6 feet under they got no story.

Just pathetic the gov't and laws are so stupid.

He should be able to sue the fookers for the bullets he used!

I think the worst part is the thieves "recovering in hospital". Obviously no job sitting in a hospital taking the VICTIMS tax dollars. Fing BS.

Good reason why everyone has firearms for "hunting" right? Yep for hunting something! :d

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do what ever it takes physically to keep that person there until the cops show up. If the guy happens to fall many times on the ground and is all bruised and bloody, you were being a good citizen helping him get up :d.

Surprisingly enough, this does seem to be the case. A few years back I caught a dude in my car at 3:00 am with my car stereo displaced into his back pack. I pulled him out of my car by hair and proceeded to lose my mind on his AZZ. Cop showed up, I was sitting on the guys back with his driver's license in my hand. The cop looked at the little Ba$tard and said..."did you do this to him?". I said "Yep, he tried to hit me first and tried to run away". Cop replied, "good for you, cuz that's all he's gonna get for stealing a stereo". That felt sooooooo good!:beer:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well bc is nowing for the big export of pot while they are flying around looking for them they should look for places that could be chopping things apart.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is anybody that is looking for help to dig a big hole, pm me I know how to use one....

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just can't do that. Even in the MUCH more gun friendly US. You can not chase somebody down and shoot at them (legally). In Colorado, you can stand your ground and defend yourself, but not necessarily property. Here we can dispatch an intruder in our home, pretty much no questions asked. If they break into your home, they are considered a threat. If they run out the door, you had better let them go, or Bubba will be your new boyfriend in jail.

If you choose to do something like this, your only chance is if there is only ONE side of the story told, your side.;) Yes officer I followed them. When they stopped they attacked me and I shot them to defend my life.

I wholeheartedly agree we should be able to dispatch filthy criminals with malice. The problem is, who gets to decide who the criminals are?
i lived in texas for a few years and was friends with several cops around dalls. they said you have thr right to shoot ANYBODY that steps on your property after dark! plain and simple! now i know why there aren't really any repo's done at night down there!!! :eek:D:D:D

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats right, take out yer shotgun and send them to the morgue.
After all they stole an ATV.

Come on guys give it up.
You leave the guns in the cabinet.

The shooters abit of a hothead.
I'm hopin for a judge to set an example and lay down the law.

Are you fawking kidding me? They should be charged with theft, and tresspassing and pay him damages. He should be FREE and NO charges. You steal from someone you got no rights! I don't give a fawk what the law says, if someone breaks into my house they better hope I don't catch them, because they won't get out under their own power. I don't care if it's someone stealing a penny, they are scum and nothing but a burden to society.

TX is AMAZING. Remember Joe Horn? Shot and killed was it 2 or 3 people stealing from a house across the street? That is a perfect example and GREAT outcome.

Canada is way to lienant on criminals it is BS. They keep stealing our tax dollars rotting away in prison, or in hospitals after getting hurt by the good people. Fawk em they are better off 6 feet under.

Top Bottom