cataract/fording

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jamieprince Flying today
Fording Pass Arril 15-11 003.jpg

Charette_Syndrome

Reaction score
Whoa! what a day! 3 of us ventured out into whiteout conditions... bout a foot of brand new dusty fresh had already covered up our tracks in.. on the way out we were a group of 10 blindly searching for the trail out... zero viz... thank god for multiple gps's! everyone/every sled made it out...
all i can say is today was great... would post a pic but you know what the color white looks like...
shoulda came out josh... woulda had ur foot... lol

For sure heading back there tomorrow... sooo much beautiful fresh... ahhhh:d:d

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa! what a day! 3 of us ventured out into whiteout conditions... bout a foot of brand new dusty fresh had already covered up our tracks in.. on the way out we were a group of 10 blindly searching for the trail out... zero viz... thank god for multiple gps's! everyone/every sled made it out...
all i can say is today was great... would post a pic but you know what the color white looks like...
shoulda came out josh... woulda had ur foot... lol

For sure heading back there tomorrow... sooo much beautiful fresh... ahhhh:d:d

Haha! Yup I should have! I stayed out late Friday night though, so I would have in bad shape saturday :beer: :beer: :beer:

Charette_Syndrome

Reaction score
jamieprince playing in the trees by himself:nono: for 1/2hr til we actually found him lol... 2ft of fresh apparently not enough so he found a deeper spot:eek::eek:

wicked awesome day... at least one pic wasnt just a puff of snow!!

Attachments

• IMG00189-20110417-1426.jpg
    IMG00189-20110417-1426.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 227

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope there will still be some snow for next weekend.Kids want to go for a rip as do I.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry boys sunday was epic!!!!! One full tank running on fumes comming in = cutblocks all marked up.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A few pictures from Sat. april 16.Posting them up now as i was riding for 5 days after this ride.Was a fun day with Charette_Syndrome and my uncle crazycatm1000.....Meet a few more off this site but forgot your names on here.The ride out was interesting thats for sure.Digging out sleds,riding threw the rock sections with No visibility.And looking for the trail when your 20 feet from it. Good times.:beer:

201104161254582.jpg

201104161424241.jpg

201104161424243.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

Charette_Syndrome

Reaction score
Pretty sweet day...
slept in... missed the crew i was guna ride with... but found another...
awesome day... stayed on the AB side... had 6"-14" of fresh... only 3" in the parking lot
was able to hear at least 4 HUGE slides within 20 mins... and saw the aftermath of many more...
be careful ppl... plz!

need more sleds to destroy all the terrain b4 its gone...

def spring sledding, AND but def heading back again tomorrow...

:d:d

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet day...
slept in... missed the crew i was guna ride with... but found another...
awesome day... stayed on the AB side... had 6"-14" of fresh... only 3" in the parking lot
was able to hear at least 4 HUGE slides within 20 mins... and saw the aftermath of many more...
be careful ppl... plz!

need more sleds to destroy all the terrain b4 its gone...

def spring sledding, AND but def heading back again tomorrow...

:d:d

About the same conditions as above, snow is melting fast on lower trails. I wouldn't be going back on my sled with all the rocks that are starting to show, but that's just me...

Area is now closed, last day to ride there is April 30th. I definitely won't be riding there due to this as I don't want to get the area closed down. Unless there is some agreement that I'm not aware??? Just don't want greenies seeing sleds go up in May and them reporting it. Just more ammo to close an area down...

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
About the same conditions as above, snow is melting fast on lower trails. I wouldn't be going back on my sled with all the rocks that are starting to show, but that's just me...

Area is now closed, last day to ride there is April 30th. I definitely won't be riding there due to this as I don't want to get the area closed down. Unless there is some agreement that I'm not aware??? Just don't want greenies seeing sleds go up in May and them reporting it. Just more ammo to close an area down...

Thanks for the condition update.

I have been sledding out of these dates that say they are DESIGNATED for.Talked to rangers in person,made phone calls.They said if there is snow ride there.....we had a big pow wow on this last year and seems like ever year it comes up.

It is Designated for snowmobiles from Dec.1-April 30.

If you look at McLean Creek it says Permitted from such and such dates.....I guess they mean two different things.......

If it wasn't allowed it would say permitted Dec 1-april 30. meaning not aloud after or before those dates.Out of this Ill go with the One on one chat i had in the parking lot with the Ranger....

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the condition update.

I have been sledding out of these dates that say they are DESIGNATED for.Talked to rangers in person,made phone calls.They said if there is snow ride there.....we had a big pow wow on this last year and seems like ever year it comes up.

It is Designated for snowmobiles from Dec.1-April 30.

If you look at McLean Creek it says Permitted from such and such dates.....I guess they mean two different things.......

If it wasn't allowed it would say permitted Dec 1-april 30. meaning not aloud after or before those dates.Out of this Ill go with the One on one chat i had in the parking lot with the Ranger....

Good to know the differences between designated and permitted. At the same time the snow is thin on the lower few kms of the trail, I wouldn't be riding anymore with my sled. Maybe if I put my old skis on!

Top Bottom