Cataract/Etherington conditions

yikes

Reaction score
Any ideas on conditions lately? Thinking of going this Saturday(21st) or Sunday(22nd) ....Forecast is looking warm and chance of rain/snow....:eek:
Looks like it was rideable last weekend

djpred

Reaction score
We were thinking about heading down that way on the 27th and 28th. Any snow reports would be awsome. Thank you.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode there today, snow is good up the Wilkinson way, trails in that area were groomed and nobody riding, we saw about a dozen other people all day. We came back through the lower part into the back of the staging area at Cataract and there was allot of mud in the spots that the sun gets at. All in all a good ride lots of waist deep snow in some of the cut areas I don't know how long it will last back at the truck at 3 oclock and it was 14 degrees. The sun was warm.

Attachments

• Cataract Creek Mar 21 (2) (Small).JPG
    Cataract Creek Mar 21 (2) (Small).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Cataract Creek Mar 21 (7) (Small).JPG
    Cataract Creek Mar 21 (7) (Small).JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Cataract Creek Mar 21 (Small).JPG
    Cataract Creek Mar 21 (Small).JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Cataract Creek Mar 21 (17) (Small).JPG
    Cataract Creek Mar 21 (17) (Small).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Cataract Creek Mar 21 (13) (Small).JPG
    Cataract Creek Mar 21 (13) (Small).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 71

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anybody ride over the pass into Fording on Sunday???? Wondering if they got dumped on with the snow storm that came into Calgary...

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Cataract got any of the snow from Saturday night? Looking to get another ride in on Sat

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven't been this year, would be good to get out for a day with a newbie buddy, any updates ?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, Nakiska ski hill reports over 30cm in the past 7 days, so I think that Cataract would have got some, but I haven't actually been out to check myself.
The Trail report can be found here and is usually updated on Thursday's I think.
Looks like they actually groomed a couple trails last week... which is good cause the last time I was out they sure needed it!

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were on the trails Sunday and Monday. Snow was good and I assume they got more today. Trails out of Etherington could use a groomer.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
headed over fording tomorrow, will post an update tomorrow night.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
headed over fording tomorrow, will post an update tomorrow night.

the system that dropped all the snow on calgary last week certainly hit fording, but unfortunalty also did the sun.
the shale on the way to the divide was totally covered, but some of the lower trails were starting to show real bad dirt patches. the 2 'rocky' climbs were totally snow covered and you could crawl up them (if you really wanted too..) we made it over the pass and explored and found a couple kickers to hit, but no real 'powder' to play in like usual.
if it dumps out there tonight, it would probably be good tomorrow.

Top Bottom