Cataract Creek Snowmobile Area Thread for 2014/15

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a great time yesterday. Chopped a few logs, met some nice people, burned some gas. Came home with 10 fingers and 10 toes.

What more could you ask for.

cat1_zpsc00d36d9.jpg

cat2_zpsd173e91a.jpg

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the parking lot in acceptable condition for car and trailer at Etherington area and how are the trails after the flood in that area

Thanks in advance

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How were the snow conditions? Look's like there is some down there.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions are decent. Trails are covered and well packed. Trail over the pass has been cleared and set all the way into the back. Snow in the back is waist deep already and is setting up to be a really good base for the year.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the parking lot in acceptable condition for car and trailer at Etherington area and how are the trails after the flood in that area

Thanks in advance

Etherington parking lot is fine for trailers, there were 1/2 dozen out there on Sunday. Road in is ploughed, parking lot is not, although it's getting fairly packed down.

I road from Etherington down to the cataract trail via Raspberry pass. The high road option was better, shaded and higher it had more snow. The low road did not have a lot of snow with rocks poking through at all the new creek crossings. It's ridable but watch for rocks. Pretty much what you would expect for early season out there. I turned around when I got to the cataract trail as it was getting skinny (see pic).

Attachments

• 20141207_123227.jpg
    20141207_123227.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

knocksum

Reaction score
Cataract area was thin but not surprised We headed further south and snow pack had doubled or tripled. Made for some nice riding before the trails get wooped to death.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there enough snow to ride the trail system? I'm looking to get the wife out riding to get her some experience

knocksum

Reaction score
Lots of snow to ride. It can be a little challenging with some creek crossing and washouts.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
It hasn't changed a whole lot since then, I'm always making small improvements when I have time. It's been a reliable machine, I think I'll ride it for another year then upgrade.

Good to see you're back into riding!

Yes indeed and getting stoked to be getting back at it. Just bought another Viper this week and will head to CC over the holidays to get out on the sleds with the family.

IMG_6827s.jpg Vip3.JPG

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be posting a new map here soon/next week hopefully. E.S.R.D./Backcountry Trail Rehabilitation Program personnel and I have collaborated on a new-look map with trail details, this past week. They currently have my notes for a couple of tweeks, then I will post it.
Creek crossings through out the trails?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be posting a new map here soon/next week hopefully. E.S.R.D./Backcountry Trail Rehabilitation Program personnel and I have collaborated on a new-look map with trail details, this past week. They currently have my notes for a couple of tweeks, then I will post it.

I'm sure I speak on many behalves when I say thank you for stepping up to the plate and doing all that you have so far for this area. I look forward to seeing the new map.

Top Bottom