Cataract Creek Snowmobile Area Thread for 2014/15

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thinking of taking trailer and camping at etherington parking lot, am I going to get in trouble? Is there free fire would or do you have to bring own?

I looked into this about 3 years ago. It's ok to do if your out there snowmobiling for the weekend. I brought my 5th wheel and two place trailer and camped at the cataract Creek staging area and had no problems. Rangers were around as well.

There is no free firewood at staging area unless you go maybe dig around for some in a cut block or something.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JZ1

Reaction score
Any idea if there is any snow out at Etherington / CC ? I'd like to get one more run in... but I fear my season is over. Unless there's other potential day-trips from Calgary? *hoping*

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie has 75cm of snow this week, Nakiska has 18cm. If I was headed out, I know where I would go, and it wouldn't be cataract. Fernie is an easy 'day trip', and so is Golden.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie has 75cm of snow this week, Nakiska has 18cm. If I was headed out, I know where I would go, and it wouldn't be cataract. Fernie is an easy 'day trip', and so is Golden.

rode Fernie Tuesday and yesterday. Best 2 days of year. Hope they get one more dump!!!

Reaction score

I wouldn't have any idea where to go in either area..... anyway.. sleds are away for the year now.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If you do go out there watch for Sledderglen? He wandered out there the other day and has not been heard from since? Lol.

I got a text from him on Sunday evening, but he never specified his location!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledderglen, probably wandered over the Fording, then took a left to Sparwood, jumped over Tornado Pass, and is now figuring out how to make the triangle ride from Cataract!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
sledderglen, probably wandered over the Fording, then took a left to Sparwood, jumped over Tornado Pass, and is now figuring out how to make the triangle ride from Cataract!!!

hopefully his GPS hasn't run out of power, he may never be found....... he has a nickname of "dead end Glen"...... lives up to it often.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Decided to go for a drive Sunday. Went East from Calgary no sledding. Went past Milo. Didn't see any Snowpro at Milo.

I bet if they every get snow out there you could ride forever. Snowpro would be better to explain the opportunities

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided to go for a drive Sunday. Went East from Calgary no sledding. Went past Milo. Didn't see any Snowpro at Milo.

I bet if they every get snow out there you could ride forever. Snowpro would be better to explain the opportunities
You actually came to Milo....and didn't look me up? Lol. There is only 3 of us here. Pretty easy to find me Glen. HaHa

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You actually came to Milo....and didn't look me up? Lol. There is only 3 of us here. Pretty easy to find me Glen. HaHa

Next time. That's some big open country. You would know what the sledding is like out there. Next time further East and more south. Seen Bald eagles and deer and flattened gophers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time. That's some big open country. You would know what the sledding is like out there. Next time further East and more south. Seen Bald eagles and deer and flattened gophers.
Yes back in the day when it used to snow we used to have a couple poker rallies a winter. When you saw lights bobbing up and down in the distance you put your jacket on and started mixing gas. Lol. Been awhile since we've had snow stay longer than a few days it seems. Have seen some flattened gophers as well. Natures natural game of chicken. Lol.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It seems many people have this dream.........after work is done on the Trails to bring them back to pre-flood ridability, this will be the next pursuit with the governments from Alberta and B.C. I hope others will want to become involved to make it happen.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going to CC tomorrow. Anyone been recently?

weather station says there has been a lot of precipitation, not sure if in rain or snow though.

Was there a few weeks ago and snow was scarce down low, more than enough up top

Last edited:

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone go out to Cataract/Etherington in the last couple of days - or planning to head out there today/tomorrow?

Top Bottom