Cataract Creek Snowmobile Area Thread for 2014/15

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
POKER RUN

The Poker Run officially begins 9 AM from Cataract Creek parking lot, and we want people back at the parking lot by 3:30 PM to tabulate the results. A group from the club is leaving at 10 AM. We expect people to leave between 9-noon, returning between 1-3:30 PM. A map of the Poker Run route will be provided.

A lunch on the trail is included in your cost of 1 hand for $10 or 3 hands for $20, where you draw the third card of your hand.

If you are not contacting Doug, the club's Destinaton Coordinator, @ dc@calgarysnowmobileclub.net or 403-540-3286, please message me here so we can include you (and your group) for lunch/head count.
Is this happening this weekend or the one after? Also which day?

Sorry......... too lazy to back read tonight.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shinook did eat all snow in Calgary, better will stay in home tomorrow. Wish I could get 121" track instead of 163" :(

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shinook did eat all snow in Calgary, better will stay in home tomorrow. Wish I could get 121" track instead of 163" :(

Yep, warm weather and winds are enough to keep me away. Not willing to chance it since Im 3 hours away.

This is has been a terrible winter. Farmers almanac couldn't have more wrong if they tried

warrentb68

Reaction score
I might have to take my RZR to Maclean Creek instead, this is the supposed to be the season for tracks not tires damn it….not happy!! :-(

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you are taking your RZR there after April 30th you will be fine.

Otherwise you might want to reconsider due to the closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree, you do things even worse.
Horrible situation with oil prices + horrible winter. I better go ice-fishing .....

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maclean creek is closed to quads until end of April? I was there last year, January I think, and the place was packed. I was the only snowmobile

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to quads, but to anything over 1000 pounds. Feel free to correct me but many if not most side by sides are 1000+ pounds.

There have been people challenged by the wardens and they ended up with a fine because they argued their side by side was under the 1000 pounds.

If you can prove your vehicle is under the weight have at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busy day at McLean today, full parking in the unloading areas. Quads, SxSs, a few dirt bikes and one sled.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busy day at McLean today, full parking in the unloading areas. Quads, SxSs, a few dirt bikes and one sled.

Ive only been there once but I think this is a regular occurrence.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive only been there once but I think this is a regular occurrence.

It's Calgary's off-road toy playground. I forgot to mention the active log hauling too.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's Calgary's off-road toy playground. I forgot to mention the active log hauling too.

Terrible place to go sledding imo. Even with all the snow we had last year it was dam near unrideable at Maclean

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run a sled at Mclean if you hit it on the day that it dumps 2-3 feet there. You just have to be ready to go at that moment.

The quads are there year round. Bikes are not supposed to ride there during the winter. There are a handful of people who have a year round "pass" that allows them to ride there for trail maintenance purposes and they usually belong to the RMDR club.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a big thank you to the volunteers who organized the poker run yesterday. The weather was perfect, snow was good, trails were as smooth as you could hope for. My understanding is that it was a record turnout for the club - at least 53 people.

I had a great time. Sorry for the crappy pics. I have a new zoom lens and am a very slow learner.

catcreekjan20151_zps33d96f77.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was our first ride event to attend and we had a blast. Thanks for the volunteers who gave up their riding to run the show. Snow is good on the south side. Seen more area and could see the damage from the flood. Cant believe water could do that much erosion. Lots of work ahead for the club. Club will need help. That's why membership is so important

fshog

Reaction score
We would like to Thank all involved for the organization and running of the Poker Rally on Saturday! It was a blast and my passenger (Brenda) had a great time as it was her first time out on a sled.

Thanks Again everyone for the work done in the area and for putting on a great time!!

Top Bottom