Cataract Creek condition and concerns for the 2021/22 season

Grouser

Reaction score
It’s good to go as far as I’m concerned. Staged out of Etherington Friday then again today, you have to hold your nose for the odd gravel in the usual thin places but once you’re in the trees there is a boat load of snow, at least by my standards. Enough to get me stuck a couple times today. One day I WILL be a better rider!
Beware of many fallen trees blocking the trail, I was able to deal with 2, but 3 others had to turn around as all I have is a pruning saw. Couldn’t get too far south on Oyster due to a larger fallen tree.

Attachments

• 20211217_131822.jpg
    20211217_131822.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 20211219_104537.jpg
    20211219_104537.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 20211219_111647.jpg
    20211219_111647.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 261

Jared.Gulaga

Reaction score
It’s good to go as far as I’m concerned. Staged out of Etherington Friday then again today, you have to hold your nose for the odd gravel in the usual thin places but once you’re in the trees there is a boat load of snow, at least by my standards. Enough to get me stuck a couple times today. One day I WILL be a better rider!
Beware of many fallen trees blocking the trail, I was able to deal with 2, but 3 others had to turn around as all I have is a pruning saw. Couldn’t get too far south on Oyster due to a larger fallen tree.
Wicked! Thanks for the update.

tucker_98

Reaction score
Expecting a fair bit of snow Thursday AM so she should be good.
I would be down if I wasn't working that day. Should be lots itching to get going. Alberta Sledderz on Facebook has a much, much larger user base as well if you're on social media and looking to put a crew together.

tucker_98

Reaction score
Oh, just remembered that there's an app all of the ASA members are in where people link up that way as well. Can't remember what it's called. I'm sure someone will know, or you could look through the previous years threads. You do need to be an ASA member though. My bad if you know all this already, just saw it said new user by your profile so I'm making assumptions lol

Jared.Gulaga

Reaction score
I would be down if I wasn't working that day. Should be lots itching to get going. Alberta Sledderz on Facebook has a much, much larger user base as well if you're on social media and looking to put a crew together.
Sounds good, thanks! I appreciate the info. I'll check out the Facebook page.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank You!

Grouser

Reaction score
Was up there again today. Strong winds have impacted some of the more exposed trails on the other hand there are some fun drifts here and there. Staged at Etherington so not sure about the first couple clicks of Cataract trail from that staging area.

Attachments

• 20211221_144715.jpg
    20211221_144715.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 229

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good!! Maybe my low snow weather prediction for 2021/2022 will be wrong? Oh well I am just like the other weather men out there; Not always that accurate!!

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone brave the cold and venture out lately for a conditions report? Thinking of bringing the bike out on Sunday or next week sometime if anyone is interested.

Cheers

EldestEldo

Reaction score
saw a recent update elsewhere that said still a bit thin down low, so stay on trails, But quite a bit once you get higher up. They don’t appear to have started grooming but some people have been riding. Hoping to get my bike built up this weekend, so if it warms up a bit next week I’ll be heading out for a test ride.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw a recent update elsewhere that said still a bit thin down low, so stay on trails, But quite a bit once you get higher up. They don’t appear to have started grooming but some people have been riding. Hoping to get my bike built up this weekend, so if it warms up a bit next week I’ll be heading out for a test ride.
Cool. Lemme know if/when you might head out. Maybe meet ya down there.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out there on Jan 2. Trails are generally good but had a surprise at end of the day. The Wilkinson Summit trail was plowed sometime during the day.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were out there on Jan 2. Trails are generally good but had a surprise at end of the day. The Wilkinson Summit trail was plowed sometime during the day.
Snowcat plowed or down to dirt plowed? Club working trails or logging moving in? Boy i miss that place

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the trails been groomed or is there not enough snow?

Top Bottom