Cataract 2011/12

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well i took my chances and drove out to cataract buy myself to find no buddy there.So i didn't get much of a ride in as i don't like to go alone.The drive in was dumping but only snowed 2 inch in like 20min.Then cleared up.Looked to be snowing more to the west and south threw out the day.

Anyone heading out tomorrow?May be intrested in going out again.

When i got there
IMAG01321.jpg

When i left
IMAG01341.jpg

West of road closure
IMAG01361.jpg

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out on Sunday. Went South all the way to Old Man falls. When you left the parking lot you had to stay in the middle of the main road where the snow was packed, if you went off to the side the carbides let you know you were on gravel real quick. The farther in you went it seemed the more snow there was. No issues at all. We came back on the Oyster Excursion, Fallers tail and my daughter got played out pretty quickly from all the bumps. We plan on heading out Sunday again.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
foothills m8 and myself went out for a ride today over fording.Was nice getting out for a ride with ya.Had and Awesome day today.

Well were should i start out.To the A Hole that likes to drink Butweiser beer and huck them on the side of the trail the whole way.Idiot.We picked up after you.

Avy conditions are HIGH back there and i would think no one should climb hills back there for a while as we set of a slide not even going up the hill just beside it.(do what you want)

The one hill on the alberta side Mount Bolton slid as ALWAYS and another one just as you dropped in on BC side.

-27 when we got to parking lot and -5 when we got back to the truck.About 8 inch of fresh on BC side.Trails getting pretty whooped 2 open creek crossings going there......

Ooh yea and the rcmp are doing check stops on the way out so yea be warned.Have all your paperwork in order and it will go smooth to get threw.
Im sure foothills m8 will fill in what ever i missed.

201202271147042.jpg

201202271159242.jpg

201202271213031.jpg

201202271335022.jpg

201202271513281.jpg

201202271152391.jpg

Last edited:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from dutch creek 1x exploring and seems like we had found tornato pass and i went right to the ab/bc border on that pass.The cut blocks in that area have really growen inn and could`nt find trail to go farther north.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to let a newb join them if they head to Fording on Saturday? Avy trained, solid sled.

MP KID - I can see'm....freaking awesome.

Skyhigh

Reaction score
do any of you guys ever go riding that tornado pass area? oops might have said to much lol
Tornado pass isn't really a pass, more of a goat trail. North fork pass is a good trail that takes you into BC. Have only quadded it in the fall but it looked like some good terrain back in there.

sapper33

Reaction score
I'm going to head out tomorrow as well. Very new, so would definitely like to hook up with some others. Hopefully get some tips on how to set my suspension up too

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
End of the season for Cataract?? Went out Sunday, heading out was fine still lots of snow south but was getting pretty heavy at the end of the day. Returned to half of the parking lot gravel. Lots of spots where the main trail (road south) was half gravel as well.
I'm a new rider in the Cataract area. Once the main road dries up is this area pretty much shut down? Can we expect more snow in the area?

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[Quote.End of the season for Cataract?? Went out Sunday, heading out was fine still lots of snow south but was getting pretty heavy at the end of the day. Returned to half of the parking lot gravel. Lots of spots where the main trail (road south) was half gravel as well.
I'm a new rider in the Cataract area. Once the main road dries up is this area pretty much shut down? Can we expect more snow in the area?]

I think this will answer your question.Snowfall warning. Alerts: Kananaskis Country, Alberta - The Weather Network

It could be over next week or we could be riding into may like last year.

Last edited:

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could'nt go to Atlas on Saturday as I got called to work....:nono:......did make a run with the boy on Sunday and the morning was fine, but the afternoon was sloppy. Hope that snowfall warning that CalgarySledGuy was mentioning hits hard out there.....and thanks again to the group of guys on the big 800's for pulling my old sled out of that ravine!! LMAO.....gotta get me a BunjeCord.....

really, the snowmobile community rocks. They didn't even blink when i came to the parking lot and asked for help (two Polaris' and a Cat)......

:Snowmobile1:

Top Bottom