catalack converter removal

Double D

Reaction score
I have a 08 Toyota Tundra. I was wondering would removing 2 of the 4 cats give me more power and better milage?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You cannot remove them, as the catalytic convertors are monitored by the ho2s sensors.... Ecm would read faulty and probably overfuel and cause worse fuel mileage, and long term engine damage from cylinder walls being washed down with a little too much fuel. If you can get an aftermarket fresh air intake and maybe computer reprogrammer, that would be a good start. It would improve fuel mileage and the air filter will filter better than the oem set-up. Some programmers will allow overrides of the ho2s sensors, and then the catalytic convertors can be removed/modified......

Double D

Reaction score
There are no h2o sensers in or after the back two cats so if i removed them would it still throw a engine code?

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:):)I removed mine off a 05GM 5.3l I got an engine code. I will have it taken out by Lightspeed out of Red Deer Alta. I now have more power and fuel econ. but my cat. showed signs of being plugged due to propane. A GM vehicle will dump 30% fuel every 90 sec. to cool the cats works on gas not on propane it will burn down your cat.(propane will not cool like gas will when dumping it will heat up melting the cat.)

Top Bottom