Cat must do mods?!?

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You still need the bushing, it isnt no different from the telescopic of the previous years, maybe have a look at them, the post bushing is the same from 12 till 17, ive had em all and they all where out in 3-5 rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah, ok, thought the problem was fixed with the non adjustable post.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned many cats and do the the following list
1. Power pro skis
2. Cfr bars and riser as the factory bars bend
3. Cooker can.
4. Tether
5. Mountain addiction storage fuel thingys

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Think you still need to replace the skis? My dealer said that guys think the new skis are great.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think you still need to replace the skis? My dealer said that guys think the new skis are great.

It sounds like you need to get some miles on it and see what you think. For some people they need nothing all depends on riding style and expectations!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to get some miles on it and see what you think. For some people they need nothing all depends on riding style and expectations!

That sounds like something I've been saying to you since I met you Cal

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All 3 of our work sleds have very little done to them.... take the easy weight of (Always) and all the foam out of the side panels, shorten long bolts... but past that ride it first, set up your suspension, then fix things that bother you. I can't tell you how many times we have given advice to go back to the stock set up and riders respond with that the sled rides better. most riders enjoy more power and can climb higher with it but its crazy how it makes learning new skills harder! Save your money and focus on yourself because every mod you do to your riding skill and yourself comes with you every time you upgrade to a new sled.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always run powder pros and really like them. I've Bent bars the 14 hcr I had when rolling it over to get unstuck in soft snow and it was a really uncomfortable ride home, I need risers because I'm 6'4'' and always pack extra fuel food muff pot water etc. I agree ride it stock and figure out what you like and for sure remove the foam that holds ice

Slayer666

Reaction score
You still need the bushing, it isnt no different from the telescopic of the previous years, maybe have a look at them, the post bushing is the same from 12 till 17, ive had em all and they all where out in 3-5 rides

My buddy and I both put that bushing kit in our 15 and 14 cats and what a waste of money. Never changed a dam thing.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and I both put that bushing kit in our 15 and 14 cats and what a waste of money. Never changed a dam thing.

Did you do it right away from new, or after a couple of years of riding? I ordered a set for my 2014 as the steering had gotten a lot sloppier over the last couple of years. Was fine when I first got it, now it has a ton of play.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ive had 12,13,14,15, and 16's in our fleet and the bushing makes a difference in the side to side slop, if u do it from brand new it wont make a difference from how it feels new, but I personally wear the stock bushing out in one or two mtn trips. I put 2 years on the last upgraded bushing and it never wore out at all, trust me it makes a difference

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just search canada sled parts proclimb post bushing

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody try those SLP air intake vents ? They look like a lot of work to install

14-323.jpg

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they make any difference on the 16?
Ive had 12,13,14,15, and 16's in our fleet and the bushing makes a difference in the side to side slop, if u do it from brand new it wont make a difference from how it feels new, but I personally wear the stock bushing out in one or two mtn trips. I put 2 years on the last upgraded bushing and it never wore out at all, trust me it makes a difference

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they make any difference on the 16?

Yup even the '16 suffers from slop. Although I recommend the post forward

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of lots of guys with the block on the post to move the handlebars ahead. There is a entire post kit?
Yup even the '16 suffers from slop. Although I recommend the post forward

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of lots of guys with the block on the post to move the handlebars ahead. There is a entire post kit?

Oft has the whole kit. Easiest way to do it. I wouldn't own a PC without it now

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to ride mine before you nuy the setup I'm all game

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty tall so I have 7inch cfr riser and cfr bars and they are not in line so I'd really like to do this. What size did you go?

Top Bottom