Cat must do mods?!?

EmEight

Reaction score
So I'll be back on a cat this winter. 2016 m8000 162 3". And I know pretty much nothing about the newer cats. Last one owned was an 09. Is there any must do mods. Not looking to spend big money just yet since I don't even know if I'll like it. It does have a c3 hood. If you noticed my post in the pro climb section. Was thinking of trading it for a stock hood. But the other day I had to take it off to install a tether and wow it weighs nothing. How much does the stock hood weigh? And what kind of light should I run on it? The running boards look like they will hold snow. Can they be modded or just replaced?

any advice would be appreciated.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would do the running boards , can , get the bars at the right height and ride it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmEight

Reaction score
It does have a can. Crazy loud. Might look into getting a slightly quieter one. And the adjustable riser is to tall. Should I change the bars as well?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Upgrade the steering post bushing with the canada sled parts one makes a huge difference in the amount of slop in the bars

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely do the running boards, that is probably the only thing that is still lacking n the stock cat. if you don't like the can you have now, you might be able to swap it for a quieter one, some guys like loud. Cans don't really give you any mor hp unless they are combined with other mods, but it does save q bunch of weight.

2016 has the fixed post so you don't need the bushing.

After that ride it..

EmEight

Reaction score
Any one have a quieter can to trade/sell? I would really like to get one of those cooker cans. But not until I decide if I like the sled.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cooker isn't quiet what so ever! If you want quiet contact menztoys and throw a b-pwr can on it

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My BDX is quiet. Love to trade, but eventually I'll have a BDX full pipe and controller once available.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned many cats and do the the following list
1. Power pro skis
2. Cfr bars and riser as the factory bars bend
3. Cooker can.
4. Tether
5. Mountain addiction storage fuel thingys

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned many cats and do the the following list
1. Power pro skis
2. Cfr bars and riser as the factory bars bend
3. Cooker can.
4. Tether
5. Mountain addiction storage fuel thingys

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Ive never bent stock bars, I put spray foam in them for heat and strength. But never bent. 2 seasons ago I even cracked 2 ribs on the bars and nothing folded....???

Dustylane

Reaction score
I got a 14' and my wife is on a 13' and I did the 2" Rox riser forward positioning and what a difference have had a few guys try it and went to the mod.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 271

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely do the running boards, that is probably the only thing that is still lacking n the stock cat. if you don't like the can you have now, you might be able to swap it for a quieter one, some guys like loud. Cans don't really give you any mor hp unless they are combined with other mods, but it does save q bunch of weight.

2016 has the fixed post so you don't need the bushing.

After that ride it..

You still need the bushing, it isnt no different from the telescopic of the previous years, maybe have a look at them, the post bushing is the same from 12 till 17, ive had em all and they all where out in 3-5 rides

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada sled parts steering bushings are a must! And they are like $75 or close to that.

EmEight

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice. I'm going to look into the bushings for sure. Maybe some bars too. I would like to get rid of the mountian grab bar.

Question about the headlight delete. It there a resister or something that needs to be pluged into the wiring harness? Seems to me that it was needed on the 2010 and 11s. I want to make sure he did the delete the way it is suppose to be done.

Top Bottom