Castle Mnt Jan 2

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya technically castle mtn is not allowed to groom the trail they did it the odd times for the army guys for some easy access for them but it used to be a guy named glen who worked the groomers who would sneak out here and there and plow and groom the main trail

What army guys? They do some winter training down there?

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
What army guys? They do some winter training down there?

Seen them out there a couple times digging little snow forts. Almost drove right over one coming through the trees. Just looks like a big bump. Glad they didn't use me for target practice.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading out this weekend for a trip just like to know well be worth it to go to castle for a trip.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading out this weekend for a trip just like to know well be worth it to go to castle for a trip.

It's a decent place to ride. Don't expect huge open bowls or open flat meadows.

That being said they haven't had any snow since we were last there and we left the first part of Castle fairly beat in. There were a few spots we didn't poach and some areas in the trees, but I cant say others didn't get it that day. It was pretty busy.

That being said, nowhere in the Crowsnest has received snow so conditions would likely be the same everywhere unless you know of those hidden spots that everybody and their dog don't know about.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA CASTLE EVERY YEAR HAS A COUPLE GROUPS FROM THE ARMY THAT GO OUT ALL THE WAY BACK TO MIDDLE KOOTENAY PASS I'VE SEEN THEM PLENTY BUILDING THERE SNO FORTS ALMOST FELL INTO ONE OF THERE HOLES WICH WAS DUG AT THE BOTTOM OF CREEK BED UNDER A DRIFT :nono: BUT OTHER THAN THAT THEY CROSS COUNTRY SKI IN DO SOME SURVIVAL TRAINING AND ARE GONNA NEVER BOTHER U ACTUALLY THEY LIKE SEEING WHAT U CAN DO ON YOUR MACHINE GOOD GROUP OF GUYS

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a decent place to ride. Don't expect huge open bowls or open flat meadows.

That being said they haven't had any snow since we were last there and we left the first part of Castle fairly beat in. There were a few spots we didn't poach and some areas in the trees, but I cant say others didn't get it that day. It was pretty busy.

That being said, nowhere in the Crowsnest has received snow so conditions would likely be the same everywhere unless you know of those hidden spots that everybody and their dog don't know about.

Thanks for the info:beer:

Top Bottom