Carlisle Ultimax xs 821 drive belt seams to love boost

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the stock belt delaminate on me after second day riding under boost, installed a buddys 821 ultimate and have been running that ever since, now with almost 1000 miles boosted its still looking as good as the day I first installed it..

also heard the same success story from another boosted impulse rider that says over the 1200 mile mark with out a problem

had used the xs 803 ultimax a few years back on the 880 BB and also had great luck for years with it..

Quality of the carlisle belts are second to none and any problems, just return pieces and they replace belt.. Try that with the skidoo belt and I wish you good luck

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad that belt works for you. Everytime someone in our group tried an ultimate on a Doo it failed miserably, even on stock sleds. No issues with OEM belt except once when not enough weight in the clutch.
Good results with Ultima on Cat though.

sarem

Reaction score
I ran 3300 km on two oem belts . All boosted km. Just took them off because didnt want a wreck on hill.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm on my 4th belt in 1600km maybe i should give it a try

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

chad006

Reaction score
I've been running the ultimax on my turbo all season with no signs of failure, Belt still looks great. Why buy stock? Ultimax are nearly half price and carry a warranty. Started running them on our stockers now too.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any clutch changes needed to make them work or do they perform like a stocker just last longer?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To get maximum potential... You will need clutching changes dayco xtx is a great belt as well.

we have done some testing with the gates carbon fibre one and it seems to work good as well.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had to raise belt in the secondary a bit and have never touched since..

Any clutch changes needed to make them work or do they perform like a stocker just last longer?

Top Bottom