Cardiff

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a house there. Not moving in until middle of august. Anyone live out there that can tell me anything about the area? Sounds like I might be able to go sledding from my garage if I am smart about it? Sounds like the area might smell a couple days a week from a dog food producer?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Almost tripled my mortgage payment. Hope it is worth it lol.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a house there. Not moving in until middle of august. Anyone live out there that can tell me anything about the area? Sounds like I might be able to go sledding from my garage if I am smart about it? Sounds like the area might smell a couple days a week from a dog food producer?

Congrads on the move,my cuz lives in Cardiff about 4 houses from the golf course and just behind the community well...If u wanted the small town feel,you go that.All i gotta say is it sucks hearing the dirtbikes,quads ripping up and down at the well,gets annoying very fast.
Also watch out for the Peace Officer he is suppose be a real douce.There is a trail that alot of guys take to get out of Cardiff to the field it is just south of the well,and the P.O. sometimes waits for sledders to come through and hand u a nice piece of paper....Otherwise u should really enjoy the area.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrads on the move,my cuz lives in Cardiff about 4 houses from the golf course and just behind the community well...If u wanted the small town feel,you go that.All i gotta say is it sucks hearing the dirtbikes,quads ripping up and down at the well,gets annoying very fast.
Also watch out for the Peace Officer he is suppose be a real douce.There is a trail that alot of guys take to get out of Cardiff to the field it is just south of the well,and the P.O. sometimes waits for sledders to come through and hand u a nice piece of paper....Otherwise u should really enjoy the area.

Cardiff Is a nice place to live. Id say the dirtbike quad sounds are way down, as some of my friends who were the main issue no longer have anything that runs. Other than a couple sleds that they really dont ride much.

As for the Peace Officer-He is the Biggest d!ck around, icant count how manytimes ive seen him give people tickets for stupid chit.IE Muddy license plate because it just rained for 3 days straight and they came from their acreage to get groceries. Kids walking accross culdesacs to goto theyre friends house -Jwalking tickets.

I have yet to see him sit and wait by Cardiff, and have never been asked told that i couldnt snowmobile around Town everyone seems to be quite friendly about it, however that was 2 years ago i dont ride flatland anymore just save it for the hills.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking to the owners today. Sounds like people still ride around there. Guess I will see what happens. Not sure where people quad around there.

hmmc

Reaction score
It's a great place moved there a year and a half ago. Lived in Morinville for 29 years before that. The dog food plant is putting in some new system to get rid of the smell they say. As for the biking and sledding I just make sure to run legal and no problems so far. The peace officer in Morinville is much worse than the county guy. I am sure you will love it great place and very small town feel. I guess it all depends on what side you live on. I live on the north side (Pittsburgh) and love it. Also watch for photo radar by South Glens those fags like to sit there and in front of the UFA.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Moving into cardiff echoes. Still trying to figure out where guys are quadding. Sounds like lots out there but not sure if there is much crown land. Have to look at the ownership maps.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Moving into cardiff echoes. Still trying to figure out where guys are quadding. Sounds like lots out there but not sure if there is much crown land. Have to look at the ownership maps.

There really is no quading out there other than along the tracks. And 10 mins worth of trails in Carbondale. Most of the people quading out there are younger kids. Just going out for a ride.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys the owner of that house on the south east side on the main road? Right on the corner that turns toward the golf course and hall. Toys in the front and it is a brown stucco house?

Andrew.L

Reaction score
lol might smell a few weeks of the year cuz of the dog food plant.
It smells all the time. Some days it doesn't, some days it does. All depends on the type of food they are making. The food they sell is amazing.

Anywho back onto subject here.
You can straight up ride your dirt bike, quad and or sled right from the garage. Peace Officers try to tell you its a no no, but they lie and have nothing better to do then stop LEGAL things because they are rent-a-cops who don't know the law.

Top Bottom