carburator

xxxjimbo

Reaction score
whats the best product to use when cleaning a carb on a atv? i heard that you could boil it in lemon juice and water and that would clean it. has anybody tried this?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When using carb cleaner use it sparingly around rubber parts.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda used to make a product called, Carb and Combustion Chamber Cleaner, it worked great, spray into a container then soak all the brass overnight....looks new in the morning. Just soak the carb and let it sit for awhile, and same for the float bowl. I haven't bought any in a few years so I am unsure if its still available, you will have to call a honda dealer.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call me crazy but lots of info on net for using pinesol....pics look impressive n they say it wont damage rubber washers...just looking at it for my old bike

xxxjimbo

Reaction score
well there is nothing wrong with using carb cleaner i just thought maybe someone out there might know of something different that i could try that would be easier. but the urine ideal was good you never know someone might try it, thanks

xxxjimbo

Reaction score
yea i plan on taking all the rubber off because i am going to rebuild the carb, thanks

Top Bottom