Carbon fiber.... Where have you been all my life?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think instead of diving into a turbo this year, seeing as these 800's aren't getting a very good rep with all these reports of failure. I think I'm gonna dabble in a bit of carbon fiber work. Was thinking about contacting c3 and ordering up a hood, rails, and the gas tank. That's a Weight savings of ~30lbs. Then throw a jaws can on it, anOther 18lbs savings, but now I'm curious about this synchrodrive... Has anyone had any experience with it? Reliable? Noticeable weight loss? For those of you not sure what I am talking about, here's the link... your thoughts on this? I think I'm set on doing this instead of engine mods. Just throw the can on it and the camo extreme and ride the sh1t outta it!

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO I would say opt for the turbo+CE=$6-7000. Lightweight parts r very expensive, u would end up spending far more than 7g's in CF to get even close to the same results as a turbo. Another thing to remember is the HP difference between a naturally aspirated sled vs a turbo, at elevation.

Cheers.....

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO I would say opt for the turbo+CE=$6-7000. Lightweight parts r very expensive, u would end up spending far more than 7g's in CF to get even close to the same results as a turbo. Another thing to remember is the HP difference between a naturally aspirated sled vs a turbo, at elevation.Cheers.....
I really appreciate your input venom. The reason as to why I am going to concentrate on lightweight stuff, is because I'm not confident enough in my tuning capabilities for the turbos that are out for these sleds yet. I am very interested in the bikeman turbo with pcv and autotune thats coming out next year. Plus with all the problems with these sleds so far I'm not sure if I wanna turbo it this season or not. Besides, last season was a horrible season for myself, especially with breakdowns and stuff, I want to have a good year this year, unless the "tuning" isnt as bad as what I think.... With the parts I listed I'd have the sled down to ~400-410 lbs dry. Turbo it next season.

topsecret

Reaction score
Look at the WKR thread about project fatcat and hellcat.....you want 400lbs dry open your wallet up, if you want to go turbo and have an awesome reliable sled, talk to Kerry (WKR) there he knows turbo cats in and out, I have ridden a couple of his Cutler turbo m8's that he has built and they are the smoothest sleds I have ridden, not a single hicup or blip in the tune!!!

geordiep

Reaction score
Another option is the RK Tek 925 Big Bore kit. 190+ horsepower with stock setup and pump gas. His kits are pull and go. No fiddling. Not bad Horsepower gain for $2000. Kelsey is awesome guy to talk to. Give him a call.

I have a Jaws can (sounds awesome) and maybe a camo extreme 2.5" and going to enjoy running stock.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the WKR thread about project fatcat and hellcat.....you want 400lbs dry open your wallet up, if you want to go turbo and have an awesome reliable sled, talk to Kerry (WKR) there he knows turbo cats in and out, I have ridden a couple of his Cutler turbo m8's that he has built and they are the smoothest sleds I have ridden, not a single hicup or blip in the tune!!!
agreed. kerry did a full CF 2012 m800 and it is sick. cutler stage 3 turbo, built motor and the C3 syncro drive system. its light yes but its not cheap at all. he lost about 80lbs and it was about 10 grand. i have a stage 2 cutler coming for mine and he will be helping me with the install and he is also coming for the first ride to get the tuning down pat.
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sled isnt complete or what ,why no cut outs on the running boards and wheres the tensioner on the belt drive?Does look sic though,id ride that cat.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no it wasnt done at that time (see no fuel tank either) that was at the edmonton sled show where only a day before it was in pieces. it is fully up and running right now.

Jubes

Reaction score
that sled isnt complete or what ,why no cut outs on the running boards and wheres the tensioner on the belt drive?Does look sic though,id ride that cat.

I'd ride it too, but I bet I could break in half before getting to the cabin! HAHAHA

Top Bottom