Carb Tuning and Jets

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a book or manual for tunning carbs or jet selection? I know nothing about fuel systems and would like to know more. I recently modded my 06 rev 800 and it seems to be running a little rich. I would like to know if there are any ways to even this mixture up a little or learn what others have done to their sleds.

Thanks in advance.

2006 Rev 800 151
New High Elevation Domes
Filter Pods
V-Force Reeds
Pipe & Can
Port and Polished Jugs

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a book or manual for tunning carbs or jet selection? I know nothing about fuel systems and would like to know more. I recently modded my 06 rev 800 and it seems to be running a little rich. I would like to know if there are any ways to even this mixture up a little or learn what others have done to their sleds.

Thanks in advance.

2006 Rev 800 151
New High Elevation Domes
Filter Pods
V-Force Reeds
Pipe & Can
Port and Polished Jugs

Jet selection should be based on plug readings and piston wash. No book is going to be able to tell you what jets you need to run. If you are looking for how your carbs work and what jet controls each fuel circuit - click here >>
Mikuni American Corporation

Open the "VM Round slide Tuning Manual" in the Motorcycle section. Flat slides work on many of the same principles as the round slide series and this will give you an idea of carb circuit tuning etc. to learn from.

If you want a really good book on comprehensive carb tuning, get Olav Aaen's Carb Tuning Manual. You'll have to search on the internet, but its available in lots of places.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom