carb problems

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I just finnished putting in reed blocks and rebuilt the clutch on a 2001 summit 800. I started it up and it runs great untill it goes to an idle. it seems to run on 1 cylinder (the pto side) so I checked for spark and it has spark. if I put my hand over the carb to flood it it says running. I took the carb apart and checked the idle jet (17.5) seems clean. sprayed cleaner and it goes out the idel hole. put it all back together and same thing. I dont know much about these flat slide carbs but can someone lead me in the direction to figure this out. also when it is running if I spray gas in the dead carb it doesnt make a difference. but if I bring the rpm up just 2-300 rpm it runs great. I also tried to sycro the carbs thinking the dead one was to low but that didnt work eather. and info would be great. HELP I just cant get a nice 2 cylinder idle below 3200

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By no means a expert but don't you need your air box on the carbs so the DPM will work properly. I had a 01 but I can't remember how the air box was set up.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had air box on to start. didnt make a difference except it changed the idle speed. Im going to get into that mag carb in morning and see whats going on. I will check back for info through the day. thanks

Top Bottom