Can't be true?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unsure if it's true or not. I sure hope it isn't.
Do I trust oil companies and the Gov?? Not so much.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate part is there is no factual evidence presented here, no tests or even general ideas on what is supposedly oozing from the ground, or tests on what chemicals her well water may contain. As is the case with most of these issues, the "victim" is just looking for compensation. Although having produced water delivered to your home would definitely be a cause for concern.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate part is there is no factual evidence presented here, no tests or even general ideas on what is supposedly oozing from the ground, or tests on what chemicals her well water may contain. As is the case with most of these issues, the "victim" is just looking for compensation. Although having produced water delivered to your home would definitely be a cause for concern.

Yeah, **** starts oozing out of my ground it's going to a lab PFQ.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone who has and does work directly in both frac and drilling operations I can honestly believe CBM frac's can cause unintended migration of fractures into water zones and other faults both known and unknown. I've seen blowout's to surface before away from the wellhead by several dozen meters. Very very rare, but it has happened. That said however, most cbm frac's ARE NOT done with gelled water or oil based fluids but rather nitrogen, propane and often drilled with air or nitrogen gas instead of fluids. The less fluid in a CBM well the better it is for production.

Reading stuff like this makes it kind of embarrassing for me to say I work in the industry. I thought the corruption in government wasn't an issue here in Canada but clearly it is. Disgusting.....

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone who has and does work directly in both frac and drilling operations I can honestly believe CBM frac's can cause unintended migration of fractures into water zones and other faults both known and unknown. I've seen blowout's to surface before away from the wellhead by several dozen meters. Very very rare, but it has happened. That said however, most cbm frac's ARE NOT done with gelled water or oil based fluids but rather nitrogen, propane and often drilled with air or nitrogen gas instead of fluids. The less fluid in a CBM well the better it is for production.

Reading stuff like this makes it kind of embarrassing for me to say I work in the industry. I thought the corruption in government wasn't an issue here in Canada but clearly it is. Disgusting.....

It would be interesting to see the facts from the other side. Wouldn't that well be cased and cemented before 1500ft and being pressurized?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the facts from the other side. Wouldn't that well be cased and cemented before 1500ft and being pressurized?
Most likely yes somewhere around that depth.
Problem with CBM wells is that the coal seams are very fragile and can come very close to surface. True Vertical Depth of the production zone in these wells is a lot shallower than the production zones drilled in other areas. And are a lot closer in TVD to the underwater rivers and streams connected to the water table. Without doing proper hydrological and topographical surveys it's hard to even take a guess where they end up. Even then it can be a crap shoot. I just can't believe the oil companies still try to baffle the public with BS. Anyone with half a brain can put the pieces of the puzzle together and point the finger somewhere. Problem is the cost to do it and access to the data and equipment to prove it. It would have to come from within an oil company using their own data against them to make this happen. And who would be willing to cut their own throats to do this??

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Defiantly another black eye for the patch, her property has been fine, then patch drills and the nightmare begins, with government in patch wallets, all they care is to cover it up, never admitting...

Prissy Macey

Reaction score
I am uncertain as well if there is truth on it but if it is, I am alarmed as well. But better to hear the story from the other end.

Top Bottom