Jeep Wrangler Pickup Spotted for the First Time

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It's finally here. Our spy photographers have spotted the new Jeep Wrangler pickup, wearing some serious off-road tires.
The prototype sports the same four-door body style as the Wrangler Unlimited. Jeep has done a pretty good job concealing the pickup with camouflage, but we can tell the grille looks different than other models in the lineup. The automaker has separated the vertical slats into two sections, reinterpreting the tried-and-true Jeep front fascia. Only time will tell if the production version ends up adopting this look.
In these photos, the pickup looks a bit awkward, likely because of the positioning of the camo. We doubt this is the final design anyway. The tires will likely be replaced, and the body should end up looking more cohesive. The placement of the truck's rear wheels in the wheel well signal we aren't looking at the final version of the bed.
BBuA2E1.img
© Provided by MotorTrend Jeep Wrangler Pickup Side Look View Jeep hasn't offered a pickup truck since 1992 when it ended production of the Comanche. Many times since then, Jeep has hinted it wants to get back into the pickup game. The Gladiator concept whetted our appetites in 2005, followed by the J-12 concept that hit the 2012 Moab Easter Jeep Safari. Last year, Fiat Chrysler toyed around with the idea of a Jeep-based pickup, but noted it wasn't a top priority at that time. Finally, at this year's Detroit auto show, Jeep CEO Mike Manley confirmed a Jeep Wrangler pickup is on the way.

The Jeep pickup will likely enter production sometime in the second half of 2018, and it will be based on the next-generation Wrangler SUV. All models in the new Wrangler lineup will ride on a new chassis that features lightweight materials, including a touch of aluminum. Expect the Wrangler to offer multiple engine options, including a 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder, 3.6-liter V-6, and a turbodiesel. Rumor has it Jeep may also bring out a plug-in hybrid version.
When it goes on sale, the Jeep Wrangler pickup will compete with the Toyota Tacoma, Chevrolet Colorado, and Honda Ridgeline. We hear it will go into production in the third or fourth quarter of 2018, likely arriving as a 2019 model.
Photo Source: Chris Doane Automotive

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll let some other fool do that

H3t was just dumb

On the other had there is one in salmon arm with a deck in it

Yeah I think he works at or owns the golf course I see it there lots and he lives a couple blocks down from me. They're stupid

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The AEV Brute was wicked and capable with the hemi swap. I like the idea ad look of the jeep, if it would pull my jetboat on the highway I'd consider one now with a box and Pentastar. I wonder what the payload and tow weights will be like....

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's finally here. Our spy photographers have spotted the new Jeep Wrangler pickup, wearing some serious off-road tires.
The prototype sports the same four-door body style as the Wrangler Unlimited. Jeep has done a pretty good job concealing the pickup with camouflage, but we can tell the grille looks different than other models in the lineup. The automaker has separated the vertical slats into two sections, reinterpreting the tried-and-true Jeep front fascia. Only time will tell if the production version ends up adopting this look.
In these photos, the pickup looks a bit awkward, likely because of the positioning of the camo. We doubt this is the final design anyway. The tires will likely be replaced, and the body should end up looking more cohesive. The placement of the truck's rear wheels in the wheel well signal we aren't looking at the final version of the bed.
http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/....img?h=484&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=898&y=706© Provided by MotorTrend Jeep Wrangler Pickup Side Look View Jeep hasn't offered a pickup truck since 1992 when it ended production of the Comanche. Many times since then, Jeep has hinted it wants to get back into the pickup game. The Gladiator concept whetted our appetites in 2005, followed by the J-12 concept that hit the 2012 Moab Easter Jeep Safari. Last year, Fiat Chrysler toyed around with the idea of a Jeep-based pickup, but noted it wasn't a top priority at that time. Finally, at this year's Detroit auto show, Jeep CEO Mike Manley confirmed a Jeep Wrangler pickup is on the way.

The Jeep pickup will likely enter production sometime in the second half of 2018, and it will be based on the next-generation Wrangler SUV. All models in the new Wrangler lineup will ride on a new chassis that features lightweight materials, including a touch of aluminum. Expect the Wrangler to offer multiple engine options, including a 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder, 3.6-liter V-6, and a turbodiesel. Rumor has it Jeep may also bring out a plug-in hybrid version.
When it goes on sale, the Jeep Wrangler pickup will compete with the Toyota Tacoma, Chevrolet Colorado, and Honda Ridgeline. We hear it will go into production in the third or fourth quarter of 2018, likely arriving as a 2019 model.
Photo Source: Chris Doane Automotive

LOL...this thing is the answer to a question nobody asked.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a Ecodiesel that thing will be wicked.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id buy a regular cab. This thing looks rad, might be a good sled hauler for me.

renegade-comanche-rear.jpg

renegade-comanche.jpg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That convertible reminds me of the Dakota convertible from the 90's. And those were gay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks way more like a Renegade than a Wrangler.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I like it. I haven't looked at the specs, but I hope it comes with Dana 44 axles, Lockers and 4to1 low range, like the Jeep Rubicon.
Looks like a factory winch on there and diesel...

Dodge Dakota's do not come factory with any of that gear,, they are gay. The Jeep is awesome.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After doing 2 mins of research on that truck, it is only a concept truck and will not be in production.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all indicators show, the wrangler p/u will be introduced in 2018 production....... Not the renegade looking concept truck

I worked with a guy that wrangler pick conversion done. Was a neat looking vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom