cannot see certain threads, just a blank page

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like momma's sled wedding thread, and now the sledbetties thread....when I click on them I see a blank white page.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you get put on joeys ignore list?:confused:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You're a trouble maker. Your access has been restricted.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Teeroy......... The pages your'e trying to get into are bigger than your set-up can handle..... These threads are ones with big pictures etc...... Go into your usercp and adjust the "posts per page" bag to 20 or less ....... I bet you're set on 40? And or an older computer set-up? It is your set-up and not a site issue..... Rknight111 will put a post soon about this. My comp here at work did the same thing, because suncor has so many firewalls and filters that it's going through, it basically would just lock up on threads with lotsa pics in them....... Try the reset of the posts per page and see what happens?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're a trouble maker. Your access has been restricted.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
if the thread goes to a second page, I can see that page but not the first. except for momma's thread, I could see the second page but now cannot see the third. starting to piss me off

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Check you thread views in user cp>edit options. You are using Internet explorer I presume. We have the photos set to full size and sometimes it can fill your browser cache up. There is no unusual spikes in bandwidth or server load issues at to look at. Please check your settings.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check you thread views in user cp>edit options. You are using Internet explorer I presume. We have the photos set to full size and sometimes it can fill your browser cache up. There is no unusual spikes in bandwidth or server load issues at to look at. Please check your settings.
yes, using IE. what should I be looking for? I haven't changed any settings at all, and everything seems normal there....if it was a full browser cache wouldn't it do it on any thread that has pictures? because it doesn't.....

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the problem from time to time. usually it is threads that i don't go into very much, haven't posted in, or even threads that are not as "busy" as other threads. i, too, am using IE. i went for 40 posts per page to 30 and don't have a problem, as much as i did. if, however, i do get a blank page i either refresh the page to see it or go back to main page to refresh and it works. i also delete history a lot as well. hope that helps

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the problem from time to time. usually it is threads that i don't go into very much, haven't posted in, or even threads that are not as "busy" as other threads. i, too, am using IE. i went for 40 posts per page to 30 and don't have a problem, as much as i did. if, however, i do get a blank page i either refresh the page to see it or go back to main page to refresh and it works. i also delete history a lot as well. hope that helps
tried refresh and it doesn't do anything but return to the blank page. only way i can see what is posted is if there is a second page that i can see, then click on thread options and view the thread in the "printable version". the pictures all show up when doing it this way as well....

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tried refresh and it doesn't do anything but return to the blank page. only way i can see what is posted is if there is a second page that i can see, then click on thread options and view the thread in the "printable version". the pictures all show up when doing it this way as well....

how posts per page do you have? you may have to change it to either 20 or default

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the same threads still do not appear when I switch to 20, 30, or 40 posts per page.

try default and delete your history. if that doesn't work then you just may have to use firefox or whatever it is called.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 different computers I've been on,all have the same blank page problem on S&M.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 different computers I've been on,all have the same blank page problem on S&M.
cool...not just me then. didn't think it had anything to do with my browser or settings. I'm on several sites and it only does it here.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said, it happens to me from time to time - i just refresh the page and it works. but i did change the post per page from 40 to 30

Top Bottom