Canadian dollar Ski-Doo rip off

smash

Reaction score
after reading all of your posts it has come to me

the dilema is we are not being treated fairly here by any of the conventional dealers yet if we buy from the states we are supporting the companies we are pissed off at

the only solution is to build the sleds here
Iknow alot of you mod shops are capable of building better sleds than the dealers anyway
why not try a run of 100 or 200 sleds see if you can be price competitive

the way I see it we pay 2500 less in the states but we have to spend about $1000 to get them back here and have no warranty

that means if you can build an equal sled and sell for $1500 more than the states you are still $1000 better than our dealers

so how about it guys some cookie cutter customs or not:takesballs:

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after reading all of your posts it has come to me

the dilema is we are not being treated fairly here by any of the conventional dealers yet if we buy from the states we are supporting the companies we are pissed off at

the only solution is to build the sleds here
Iknow alot of you mod shops are capable of building better sleds than the dealers anyway
why not try a run of 100 or 200 sleds see if you can be price competitive

the way I see it we pay 2500 less in the states but we have to spend about $1000 to get them back here and have no warranty

that means if you can build an equal sled and sell for $1500 more than the states you are still $1000 better than our dealers

so how about it guys some cookie cutter customs or not:takesballs:

Nah, it is more fun to bitch and whine....JK :beerchug:

Although it isn't a bad thought, it is easier said than done. A lot of upfront costs and no guarentee. Not a risk I would take for sure.

G

Guest1

Well if we didn't Beotch & Whine nothing changes and we would continue to take it in the hoop......or maybe, just maybe, enough BEOTCHING and WHINING will get things changed.

The simple answer is for a Canadian Controlled Company BRP charge an equally fair rate for their product (without help from taxpayers $$$) whether it is purchased in Canada or the States and honour warranty.

OVER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if we didn't Beotch & Whine nothing changes and we would continue to take it in the hoop...(maybe you like being BONED up da ARSE)...or maybe, just maybe, enough BEOTCHING and WHINING will get things changed.

The simple answer is for a Canadian Controlled Company BRP charge an equally fair rate for their product (without help from taxpayers $$$) whether it is purchased in Canada or the States and honour warranty.

OVER!!!

I hear you, and it is a joke and a scam that they are priced that way. That is the reason I don't own one. When looking at quads, they were just so far out that I couldn't justify the cost. Found a new Kawasaki at the dealer 20 miles from my house for a price that was low enough that I couldn't justify going to the states.

Maybe the solution should be not to buy the BRP products. If it were not a Canadian company, people in Canada would of boycotted them a long time ago. That will get thier attention a lot faster than a few threads and posts.

Just my 2 cents. :beerchug:

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I talked to steve w. at mt baker moto-sports yesterday he said that ktm and kawasaki had no clause in there dealer contract that would hinder a sale to a canadian just suzuki and arctic cat at his dealership.

G

Guest1

WTH happened to GOT FREE TRADE...:confused:

Maybe the solution should be not to buy the BRP products. If it were not a Canadian company, people in Canada would of boycotted them a long time ago. That will get thier attention a lot faster than a few threads and posts. Just my 2 cents. :beerchug:

Correct and it all starts with a few threads and posts.

OVER!!!

ps...a well spent $0.02...Cheers.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are just charging what the market will bear. If people don't like the price, don't buy. Obviously there are enough 'gotta have it' guys that are laying out the cash that they can still charge what they do.

Top Bottom