Canada Post BS.....

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I bought an item from ebay and had it shipped USPS to me,tracking#
say's it was delivered 2 day's ago.I tried using canada post's site to inform them
that I don't have the package.The site just takes you around and around in a circle.
ARGGGGGGG.....So,I go down to the post office this morning to ask where my package is,
they say to call their 800# to sort things out.So,I call customer service and they say to
contact the sender of the package. OMG...........Canada Post say's the sender of the package has to contact USPS,then USPS has to start an investigation,then pass it on to Canada post.
Then Canada post will try to figure out where the package dissapeared to.
Round and round we go,could Canada post possibly have a more stupid system in place?
Customer service say's the sender still OWN's the package ,so they have to initiate an investigation.
I can't believe this could be so complicated.The package is somewhere in Lloydminster,but the
guy that mailed it from New york has to call USPS.
WOWZERS.........
Anyone else been through this gong show ?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
strange for sure. USPS tracking stops at the border, and usually only gets marked "delivered" after you pick it up (no residential mail delivery here)

I've never had any trouble with USPS/Canada Post so far....knock on wood

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
although frustrating as hell Canada Post is correct and USPS needs to initiate the trace. This goes for courier services as well. Been down your path way to many times to count.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would USPS have to start an investigation?They gave it to customs and customs gave it to canada
post.If it was still on US. soil I could see USPS being involved,but it's somewhere in Lloydminster.
Canada post rep. at customer service was rude and no help what so ever,If he is following policy then
it's out of his hands. I find it hard to believe that policy could be this stupid.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the reason being is because the tracking # used is not a Canada Post tracking # but a USPS tracking #. This tracking # is used from start to finish.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last 3 pieces that I've bought from ebay have been shipped and then it gets to the main sort plant in Erlanger, KY and it says that it's delivered. A few days later when Canada post gets a hold of it, the tracking starts again on the Canada Post tracking. That's been my experience, I have one in Erlanger right now as a matter of fact, started out in CA and made it's way to KY :) :beer:

rgashkei

Reaction score
I have called them before and traced something, they found it and got it going. I would call again and maybe you will get someone that is not a dick and will try to help you.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best and most helpful response I've ever got from Canada Post was thru Facebook.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just came back from the post office again,I talked to the manager this time.She said
customer service is supposed to make a ticket# and the last office that had the package
get's the ticket# sent to them,so they can retrace when and who had it last.
I called customer service back again to find out why everyone that works at the same
company has a different answer to the same question.They don't have a straight answer for that.
The following info.was also a shocker.

Customer service Manager said the norm.for cases like mine is to have the sender contact USPS.
USPS will start a ticket# attached to that # will be a description of the problem.If the packages
tracking # start's with a "L" that means it was sent regular post and no insurance was purchased,
once USPS tracks the package and see's that it make it to customs they wash their hands of it.
CASE CLOSED.They don't even contact canada post to get them involved in the search.
SO........................to sum it up,if canada post misplaces a package coming from out of country,
they don't want to look for it until the original carrier ask's them to find it,but the original carrier
won't contact canada post inless it is an insured item.
If it shows up,good.If it doesnt O well. That's the system we are using?
WOW.........

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one reason I don't like buying from ebay or online from kijiji.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one reason I don't like buying from ebay or online from kijiji.

Same here. Always seems to be such a hassle for me. In the end I would rather pay the extra $50 and buy local.

I had a similar situation, online tracking said it was delivered but the post office didn't have it. USpS was no help and neither was canada post. Since are mail is at a really small town post office, I called all the other post offices within 50km and finally one place had my package. They had had it for over a week and said they were never going to contact me about it being there. Wasn't happy.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update,got a call this morning from a local customer service agent.She asked what she could help
me with,I explained that I would like someone to try and find my package that canada post say's
was delivered last wed.She asked for the tracking# and looked it up while we were on the phone.
I'm trying to be polite and patient,but it's kind of hard when all of the info she asked me for,I left
at her outlet on Friday......................ARGGGGGGGGGG.
About all I know now is Lloyd has 2 or 3 delivery drivers for the alberta side of town and 1 for the
sask. side.My package was scanned going into 1 of those vehicles on dec.4 and that's the last it was
seen.Lady I talked to was very nice and said she would do her best to find out how my package went
missing and she would locate it if possible.
I also got yelled at by a canada post office guy on friday for coming in there asking for help in finding my
lost package.I'm going to let that dog lie until my package possibly get's located.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After you get your package go up the food chain raising hell until someone show's you some respect.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After you get your package go up the food chain raising hell until someone show's you some respect.

You're more likely to get a BJ in church than getting respect from a Canada Post employee...especially this time of year. As far as the missing package goes...I would say somebody gave themselves a nice little Christmas bonus.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada post just announced it will discontinue home delivery.

$1 a stamp: Canada Post hiking prices, ending door-to-door delivery in cities, urban areas

Ya, i just seen that on the new's.Prices are going up,services are going down.
I never heard anything inparticular about job cut's,I would assume ALOT of job's will
be cut with this move.
On the other topic,I don't want anyone to kiss my butt I would just like the package that I
paid for.After missing for a week today,It's not looking that good.Maybe it got delivered to the wrong
address and that person is keeping it as a X.mas gift.?Duno.

Top Bottom