Can you check if it's stolen when buying on kijiji?

gmac

Reaction score
Looking to buy a dirt bike off kijiji, is there some way to check if it's stolen? Price is average and dude answers all the questions normally, haven't actually seen it yet.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can check for liens online, providing they give you an accurate VIN. I believe it cost me $15 but that was a few years ago. You should make sure that the search company you use is checking Canada and not just one province.

straightshooter

Reaction score
Yes, you can run the VIN# I think it costs you something like $20. Motor vehicle branch.

The motor vehicle branch ppl are useless they won't run the vin for you even if you ask. they say they did but don't then will issue you a registration card and well in a few weeks if it's stolen the RCMP will be knocking on your door... Best bet is to call the RCMP or go on their web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a dirt bike off kijiji, is there some way to check if it's stolen? Price is average and dude answers all the questions normally, haven't actually seen it yet.

Physically verify the SN and bring to any registries office and request a lien search. You need to do this to make sure that the bike is not collateral for another loan. If you cannot read the SN - deal is off. You can then check RCMP database. RCMP Dad might be able to advise how best to do this and maybe suggest others if appropriate.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually call AMA, they have a few options. I think I've used the RCMP website as well.

Top Bottom