can not decide

flukerd

Reaction score
right now i have a 2003 summit 600 it is a little hard to do any side hilling with and i want to find a good sled that will allow me to be a little better at this type of sledding i know the sled that i have is a little out dated anyone out there with any suggestions please let me know don't matter what make it is just wanna get a decent sled thanx

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy 600 doo 144, 2009, nice and light and if you get the etec model it's great on fuel and oil, my kid rented one from vinny in valemount last year was a nice sled, cheers there all good!! good luck shopp n'.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right now i have a 2003 summit 600 it is a little hard to do any side hilling with and i want to find a good sled that will allow me to be a little better at this type of sledding i know the sled that i have is a little out dated anyone out there with any suggestions please let me know don't matter what make it is just wanna get a decent sled thanx

Hi
My son is riding a 97 mm and its not as good as the new sledds but when we put a riser on the handle bares it made a big differance & he's only 15 & weighs 170 lbs but this really helped and it's a cheap fix. Good luck

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the riser, it makes a world of difference. That summit should be a great sled :) I always give a little jump on whatever side I am on (works for me anyway! lol )

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M series sleds and Polaris mountain IQ's are about equally as tippy. It makes a HUGE difference from old-style chassis... I don't care what people say.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

An 03 Summit 600 in the ZX chassis will sidehill very easily - I hate to disappoint you, but if you can't lay a ZX over, you won't have much better luck on a REV, XP, RMK, or M-series. Consider the following - set up your suspension, adjust the ski stance to the narrow position, add a bar riser, and practice as much as you can. Are the new ones better? Yes. Can you make that 600 work? Yes. Will the new sled be that dramatic of a difference over the 03? No. Tracks are better, suspension, ride, power, etc, are better, but won't make you a better rider. Have patience - it will come.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rear skid: Let limiter strap out as far as the holes will allow & make sure you tighten the bolt well again; tighten up the preload on the front shock, and soften the rear springs.
Also, make sure your rear skid shafts are clean, greased and free to easily pivot on the inner shafts. If they are siezed from crud, the weight transfer is slow or non-existent.
The other suggestions are good ones too. The 03 600 is a good sled.

Top Bottom