Can anyone tell me what the fine is for no Registration on ATV's in Alberta?

hickchick

Reaction score
We normally quad on private land or crown. I am wondering what the fines are for no registration on ATV's?

mxracer14

Reaction score
Ya its like $182 or something, a buddy got one last year. Wasnt a huge deal.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now we find out what the real fine is... all the guys now that said they paid 1 hundred something.. all clearly paid more,it looks like..
it should be 1000 bucks, then maybe alot out there would care and get the proper paperwork..like it should be...
i bet if they had a no tolorance and could take your bike away on you for no registration and such, everyone would have it.. thats what is needed.. small fines do not affect many..

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please do tell me why registration is such a huge deal.............. what purpose other than to tell if your bike is stolen does it serve? Its another cash grab by the gov't......... its nothing but bull$hit, I for one say F*CK registration

now we find out what the real fine is... all the guys now that said they paid 1 hundred something.. all clearly paid more,it looks like..
it should be 1000 bucks, then maybe alot out there would care and get the proper paperwork..like it should be...
i bet if they had a no tolorance and could take your bike away on you for no registration and such, everyone would have it.. thats what is needed.. small fines do not affect many..

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please do tell me why registration is such a huge deal.............. what purpose other than to tell if your bike is stolen does it serve? Its another cash grab by the gov't......... its nothing but bull$hit, I for one say F*CK registration

X2. I can't ride it on the road so wtf do I need registration for? When the day comes that I have signal lights, brake/headlights, mirrors and DOT/CTSA approved tires and they let me ride it on the road just like a dual sport bike then I will be in support of it.
And you can't just register it either. It has to have insurance first. So if you ride without for 2 years and never get caught, you just broke even. I got one 3 years or so ago but I don't recall how much it was. All I know is that I was still ahead. FYI however my current machines are insured/registered so I don't get yelled at by the little woman lol!
The way I see it, if I have to insure my quad, boaters should have to register and insure their boats every year too.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really? Why? It doesn't make the operator any safer nor does it keep him from trespassing, litering, or causing damage to public land. So tell me please how my having proper paperwork has anything to do with my enjoying the backcountry on my atv/dirtbike/SxS or making it safer cause I would love to hear it.

Last edited:

mxracer14

Reaction score
Ive been riding for a long time and never registered my bike once. Also no tickets. Whos ahead of the game? I also dont leave it somewhere it can get stolen or lost lol. Not concerned about a punk coming onto the farm with a Pitbull and 2 giant sheep dogs protecting the place. If they can get through my gun and the 3 dogs alive they can have the damn machine! haha

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My only concern is that if I am run into by someone without insurance then what happens other then that the rest does not matter. And yes I know that chance is slim to none. But there are a few careless people out there.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been riding for a long time and never registered my bike once. Also no tickets. Whos ahead of the game? I also dont leave it somewhere it can get stolen or lost lol. Not concerned about a punk coming onto the farm with a Pitbull and 2 giant sheep dogs protecting the place. If they can get through my gun and the 3 dogs alive they can have the damn machine! haha

challengeaccepted.jpg

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My only concern is that if I am run into by someone without insurance then what happens other then that the rest does not matter. And yes I know that chance is slim to none. But there are a few careless people out there.
I agree with the insurance although I think at best your only going to be covered 50% at best because it is off-road. And your right accident's happen. My machine was rear ended last time I went out with it but I just chalk that up as part of the game and carry on. Others don't see it that way though......

It's the registration I have a problem with.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the insurance although I think at best your only going to be covered 50% at best because it is off-road. And your right accident's happen. My machine was rear ended last time I went out with it but I just chalk that up as part of the game and carry on. Others don't see it that way though......

It's the registration I have a problem with.

I am talking more about them running into the side of your truck in a staging area.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am talking more about them running into the side of your truck in a staging area.

Right.
I dunno if it would matter though. Would be interesting to see how the ins company would handle it. I know when a buddy had his truck backed into by a quad the other guys atv insurance refused to pay because he was backing his truck up.:confused: Ended up with his ins taking the other ins to court and I never heard what became of it.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insurance.... ya thats a must, have it on all my toys, full coverage......... but thats where it ends. If registration allowed me to rip my quad to 7-11 and drive it around town then I would be all for it but it doesn't so I dont. Been riding for the better part of 10 years without registering, why would I start now

Top Bottom