Can am XMR

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you have enough cash left over to use it? They are expensive. Nice looking quad though. I know for a fact that the silverbacks are an awesome tire.

Andys

Reaction score
They're ridiculously hard on axles. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRF9KjFxDXc[/YT]

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard over on the highlifter forum you can't take too much of a hard hit because of the air ride suspension. They don't do too well when exposed to too much air time or hard hits. I can't say for sure, I never ridden one.

Though they do got all the right mods to make it mud worthy.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
They're ridiculously hard on axles. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRF9KjFxDXc[/YT]

Looks like he broke a driveshaft more than an axle....the front tires stopped pulling

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought this quad. I have to say that it is a mud hole animal. That is what it was designed for...Mudholes! It is very well designed for that.It is not meant for jumping or super cross applications.
If you like to go into a lot of mud and skeg areas you will be happy with this quad period.
Every quad has its limitations,when you cross those limitations you can expect failure.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought this quad. I have to say that it is a mud hole animal. That is what it was designed for...Mudholes! It is very well designed for that.It is not meant for jumping or super cross applications.
If you like to go into a lot of mud and skeg areas you will be happy with this quad period.
Every quad has its limitations,when you cross those limitations you can expect failure.

If you are going to jump a quad why would you get one with big heavy tires and a stiff suspension :nono:

That's like me buying a snowmobile and then saying it doesn't work very well in the mud.

In conclusion if you are doing mud and trails this is an AMAZING machine. If you are going to try jumping it and going through whoops buy a sportquad or a dirtbike

sabretooth

Reaction score
They work very well in all conditions, I ride with the one in the videos on here, he's only broken 2 outer CV joints and I'd say it's more to do with a heavy thumb and power steering than anything else. Be warned...those things are heavy and you'll need to winch to something solid to get out....it easily drags my Brute Force when we try to use it as a winch anchor.
He romps right along on the trails with all the Renegades and Outlanders and loves it so far.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, you'll be waiting a while for one if you get one from martin they are backordered ridiculously on them haha, mine should be here today :D

sabretooth

Reaction score
My buddy has decided to sell his, he's more of an XXC guy than XMR guy, it's at Bow Ridge Sports in Cochrane, they'll be able to give you the scoop on it.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just had my xmr out yesterday for the first time, what an incredible machine, havnt come close to anything i have ridden before, its a 2012 and ya its a prety penny but soo worht it in my eyes, only 20 km on her right now just looking into a slip on pipe for it, what would you all say is best for that?
thanks alot fellas

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to jump a quad why would you get one with big heavy tires and a stiff suspension :nono:

That's like me buying a snowmobile and then saying it doesn't work very well in the mud.

In conclusion if you are doing mud and trails this is an AMAZING machine. If you are going to try jumping it and going through whoops buy a sportquad or a dirtbike

hey now yes u can jump a quad with bigggggggg tires and stiff springs....... i do it all the time...... xmr 's have one purpose .... just not so good in other things...
my quad is good for it all .... i can use it to catwalk up my nabors cows [ when they get throught the fence ] .. deep mud , fast trails , sand ect.... even jump aproches ....

Top Bottom