Can am snow plow

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new can am fancy dance snow plow? Sold my moose county plow with my grizzly two years ago and missed having it last winter so probably going to buy another one. The can am setup looks nice but expensive. Just wondering if it is worth the extra cash? Any issues?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my flex plow. Got plowed with the price tag but its pretty sweet. I really love the hands free off and on. Also the mount can stay onyear round.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much did everything end up costing? As far as I can gather for everything it is around the 1000 mark?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much did everything end up costing? As far as I can gather for everything it is around the 1000 mark?

It was just over 1100. I did get the lift limit switch. And a plow roller fair lead to protect my cable. The best thing about this plow is how high it can be lifted off the ground

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the quadivator plow and it goes on and off just as easy and rides high as well without the $$

Sent from my S4

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put on the BRP Flexplow....seems like a nice piece. Have beer and band aids handy for the mount plate installation....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for the set up?
Around 1100 bucks....not cheap, but all the reviews I've read have been positive. I've had a couple of plows in the past and there has always been issues...plus the mount system is super fast and can stay on year 'round.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so around the same price. It does seem like a nice plow. I like how easy it is to mount and remove.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put on the BRP Flexplow....seems like a nice piece. Have beer and band aids handy for the mount plate installation....

Those bolts between the lower a arms are fun to do. But yes as you said the mount can stay on year round so the install is only once

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did one last night 2 hour is recommend time ,but it took me 3hrs +- Lol .I think it will be a sweet plow I THINK I'LL be upgrading soon.Cheers

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did one last night 2 hour is recommend time ,but it took me 3hrs +- Lol .I think it will be a sweet plow I THINK I'LL be upgrading soon.Cheers
The destructions said 2 hrs for 2 guys, so I think we did OK....I did the same as you...about 3 hrs by myself. I still have to hook up the switch dealy on the winch line.....after all the floor crawlin, I just wanted a beer and supper.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I can vouch that the BRP plow moves snow like a mofo! Important tip: put on the limit switch on your winch. I snapped the winch rope about 10 times because I figured I didn't need it. Hahaha. Also: turn front springs up. Once I address those two issues I will be a plowing fool!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This plow works VERY well! I did my 50m driveway and the close for the subdivision in about an hour today. Great fun and the blade really moves some snow. It's nice having 1000cc of power to do it too, mind you!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This plow works VERY well! I did my 50m driveway and the close for the subdivision in about an hour today. Great fun and the blade really moves some snow. It's nice having 1000cc of power to do it too, mind you!

Didn't you find the "backs sucked in the snow? I'm not even putting the blade on the cannedham this year, the Honda with the chains/studs just seems so much easier.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't you find the "backs sucked in the snow? I'm not even putting the blade on the cannedham this year, the Honda with the chains/studs just seems so much easier.
Worked great. See who backs out of a 4' pile of snow....the Honda with chains or the Renny with the override pushed and 50mph wheel speed. Hahaha

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after spending the weekend in Mcbride I came home to the snow pile. Said fawk it and picked up the plow. Just have to try and get it installed tonight with my sore body. Hoping the wifey can learn to use it easily too. Some training ahead. That way when I am gone and we get another storm she can do it easily if she wants instead of the shovel.

Top Bottom