Camping or Destination Vacations???

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do think is better, is it worth it to buy a trailer to go out 5-6 times a year camping or save up for destination vacation??

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
camping is way better... and renting is always an option.

Just my opinion.... but I spend a pile of time on the road and in hotels, last thing I want to do is travel even more on my days off to stay in a hotel near people I really dont care to eat or be nice too...

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
down grade the 07 cady escalade.get a pick up with a camper and enjoy life..:beer:

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately camping man for the past two years u sed a plain cargo trailer before that i used a tent, now i dont know my trailer has been commandeered for work and now i either tent or buy or build not too sure what to do but you cant beat a campfire half pissed telling jokes/stories.....plus s&m summer camp out

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vacations you can always find at different times for a bargain. Right now though would be a time to be looking for a deal on a trailer or camper..There are going to be a lot of good deals coming up in the next while. I would also look for a trailer or camper that is winter capable,a bit more money but theres nothing like having a unit in winter for sledding....Cheers!

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
camping ..................................................:beer:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
camping for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for all the good reasons already listed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eastcapeangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno... used to work two jobs so that I could afford to go marlin fishing on the east cape of Baja. But that's a huge sacrifice for the chance to have yer arms ripped out of their sockets by a fish. But in that same time period, I was also living in West Yellowstone, where isolated camp spots next to a creek or the lake were only a 20 min. drive from my house. a weekend getaway seems a lot longer when there's no driving time involved, or worrying about finding a good spot. Unlike this douche bucket town of Idaho Falls, Idaho where the local camping looks & feels like a garbage dump:mad:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do think is better, is it worth it to buy a trailer to go out 5-6 times a year camping or save up for destination vacation??

Scuba, you live in Fort McMurray. Get the trailer and do the camping. There are all kinds of place to go within a 4 hour drive from McMurray and you can take the quads or whatever toys you have.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another vote for camping.

Destination vacations i think are a little over rated for the most part.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rent or borrow a trailer from a buddy and try it out. It's a big expense/loss if it only gets used a couple times and you decide to dump it. The wife and I still tent and it works for us but there are no kids yet. Tenting is real camping imo and we really enjoy it.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ifs ands or butts, camping all the way! Our neighbors and us go to the homemade campground 2 miles from our farm. If we can't get away for long weekends, we go there. Our theory "as long as your away from home, your camping." The trailers are a little more money, but you'll have them for a long time.:beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Camping all the way. I would rather spend my money with good friends all doing the things we love, quadding, and sitting around the fire teasing and joking after. We spend all winter rehashing all the good times. Save the big vacations for later in life, or special occassions.

Eastcapeangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"That hot old summer sun, will make you beg for your last breath. so you best be on the creek bank layin' in the shaaade". Campin prolly wins out, I just have an addiction to catchin Marlin:cool:

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big vote for camping also, we have such a beautiful province and most of us will probably never see a quarter of it. Enjoy the great outdoors?:):):)

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take cooking on an open fire (yum yum) any day over whose knows what your going to get served in some countries.:d

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your responses i gotta talk the wify into getting a trailer, i used to go camping all the time when i was growing up but the wife is all about destination vacations as she never went camping at all. i have the same view as all of you as i don't really like the headaches when you go out to mexico...etc. So hopefully you'll see me on the road pulling a "B" train as i have a boat already and can't wait to get out this year, i'll see you guys at hanmore lake or gregoire lake up here.

Scuba

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with the camping.. I'm really looking forward to getting out and doing some camping here in mcbride this summer.. I've been told that there are some awesome camping spots here and also i'm pumped to do some fishing to.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Camping all the way. I would rather spend my money with good friends all doing the things we love, quadding, and sitting around the fire teasing and joking after. We spend all winter rehashing all the good times. Save the big vacations for later in life, or special occassions.

Yup I'm with Rubi we spent over 30 nights in the trailer last year and I think twice we got rain and once we were by ourselves. Always a good time sitting around fire with a beer and freinds :d:beer:

Top Bottom