Camping in Golden

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any place in Golden you can pull up to the river or onto the lake and camp for free??

I know in AB as long as you are on Crown land you are ok, is it the same in BC? If it is the same, where is all the 'good camping' crown land at??

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of spots at lakes and creeks, you can use them on crown land.
There are many user-maintained forestry sites as well as man-made sites. Lots have riding areas/roads nearby too.
This might help...
I might have some other links...I'll look.
We've stayed at alot of the lakes on the westside between Radium and Golden as well as a few of areas North of Golden. Some of the bigger ones get quite busy, smaller ones have limited sites so get there early. Depends what you're looking for...but all the areas are nice spots.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any place in Golden you can pull up to the river or onto the lake and camp for free??

I know in AB as long as you are on Crown land you are ok, is it the same in BC? If it is the same, where is all the 'good camping' crown land at??

you bet if in isn't some ones yard or grazing field its all far game:d:beer:

just find logging road/beach/creek and call it paradice
also go to free camping bc
one I like is 32k back on blaeberry.rare to see anyone out there on your right under mummier glacier and a powerful water fall,just blasting off this rock.
if your camping around summitX let me know come for some beeeeeeeers

Top Bottom