Camping around fernie with toy hauler

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tyler, the Flathead (down the LodgePole and the Flathead FSR) has lots of logging roads. Not a lot of single track. Another place with endless roads is around by Wardner and the Bull FSR. That will take you in behind the Three Sisters and/or all the way to the west of Elkford and/or White Swan Lake. Again, not a lot of single track but lots of camping spots and some great cut throat fishing.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stop in at elkford, load up on all the free firewood you can haul, out of the shed on the hill!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Free firewood really? where exactly is it? I already got 2 loads for free so a few more would be great
stop in at elkford, load up on all the free firewood you can haul, out of the shed on the hill!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup sheds are full to over flowing, stacked according to diameter. saw pics of it. best to be as quiet as possible, old fella doesn't like to be disturbed while sleeping. load up what ya need, take the split stuff first as he hates that crap! and wants it gone asap. tell yer friends, a group of guys are coming down this weekend to clean the sheds out, mainly so he can get some exercise and sleep better at night. lol.

ps please close shed doors! ol feller gets po'd if they are left open.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will there be cold beer for me as I might get a bit thirsty loading up the split wood into my truck?
yup sheds are full to over flowing, stacked according to diameter. saw pics of it. best to be as quiet as possible, old fella doesn't like to be disturbed while sleeping. load up what ya need, take the split stuff first as he hates that crap! and wants it gone asap. tell yer friends, a group of guys are coming down this weekend to clean the sheds out, mainly so he can get some exercise and sleep better at night. lol.

ps please close shed doors! ol feller gets po'd if they are left open.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no motorized vehicles allowed in the forests in alberta during this drought. It just makes sense until it rains.
Not sure what it is like in bc right now

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no motorized vehicles allowed in the forests in alberta during this drought. It just makes sense until it rains.
Not sure what it is like in bc right now

Check the Alberta bans webpage as your information is outdated. SW region of AB is opened up again.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks wet later this week and starting as early as Wednesday here in west koot area...nitro Cyrus in Calgary this weekend and looks like rain there too.
good for everyone if it gets a little wet. Sxs right to the snow line last weekend and it really not that far away still. Well here in Castlegar anyhow.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a place to camp and go dirtbiking and quading in and around fernie any suggestions

There is a ton of camping and trails throughout crowsnest pass(definitely my favorite area for the bikes) tons of camping on all sides of lake koocanusa just have to explore a bit to find free camping, suprisingly Elkford has a lot of quadding and some single track for the bikes and lots of places to setup and camp for free also

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's because I drive a Tundra and if Doug see's what a awesome truck that I have he will want to go out and buy one. And that's a problem because people on a pension can't just go out a buy the best truck ever made...[:thumbsup2:QUOTE=moyiesledhead;2280594]Bet he won't load it for ya! :rollinglaugh:[/QUOTE]

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you happen to see the ol feller from elkford, ask the firewood guy in the garage if he would mind bringing a full load up to our campsite, split too please and if not too much can he get it here by 8 tonight. i think we could find him a cold beer for his trouble

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
if you happen to see the ol feller from elkford, ask the firewood guy in the garage if he would mind bringing a full load up to our campsite, split too please and if not too much can he get it here by 8 tonight. i think we could find him a cold beer for his trouble

All you firewood jokers can crawl back under your rocks now!

There must be enough standing dead wood around your campsite to have prime firewood. When you tip that little bottle up, stretch the muscles in your eyes and look around the forest at the tops of the trees. One good tree should fix you dudes up pretty quickly.

BTW Randy, I think you know where the real trucks work and play.

Top Bottom