Campground help in Brule

Birddog95

Reaction score
Hey everyone. After 22 years of Drag racing I've now ventured over to the ATV world :) I just bought a Ranger 900XP and would like to check out the sand dunes at Brule. I have a 40' motorhome and a 20' enclosed trailer so I am limited to where I can go. Any campgrounds that I can park at and ride my ATV from???
I enjoy the trail riding, climbing hills, a chewin around in the sand, however I am not to big on muskeg though. If anyone has some suggestions of places to go I would sure appreciate it!!!! Happy trials everyone!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a campground right on the highway on the south side just before going into the park. There are trails that run beside it. I don't know the name but I am sure you can stay there and ride to the dunes.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a campground right on the highway on the south side just before going into the park. There are trails that run beside it. I don't know the name but I am sure you can stay there and ride to the dunes.

I believe that's Jasper Gates Camping and RV

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's random camping there to if you take the wild house lake turn off just before the camp ground that these guys were talking about, you can random camp down that road and there is room for big stuff down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen very large toy haulers random camping down the wild horse lake turn off.Just dont turn into the wild horse campground stay to the right and follow the road lots of places to camp,the road is very slow going due to the size of rock used but very firm.From there ride north all trails head down to the dunes pretty much.

Birddog95

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I don't like to 'random' park in clearings with my moho. At 30,000 lbs, I don't want to try and tug it out if I get stuck- LOL! Looking for campgrounds that a guy can ride out of :)

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a tough one in alberta.I only know of two your allowed to ride out of,ones in grand cache and outwest south of rocky.If you find some let us know.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You best bet might be Outwest then. Lots of trail riding but if you are riding alone use common sense. Don't go through the mud holes. Some are pretty deep. We have buried jeeps out here with 44" boggers. But you can get your motorhome in without worries of scratching it if it's nice

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a tough one in alberta.I only know of two your allowed to ride out of,ones in grand cache and outwest south of rocky.If you find some let us know.

Trapper Lee's between Swan Hills and Fort Assiniboin. Trails all over the place. One trail to the geographical Center of Alberta.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can ride out of McLean creek just SW of Bragg Creek and also the Ghost campgrounds NW of Calgary but not sure if they are set up as well as McLean for larger units

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found alot of campgrounds cant handle 40 plus footers even when we were in Bc with the 42ft it was hard had to trade down to a 36ft so it will fit. Anyway lots of random spots are very solid ground i found all over this province many guys with big units just have to b cautious as to where you go. As for campgrounds to ride out of far/few between but good luck and happy trails.

Top Bottom