Camp in this weekend

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All brown on friday , snow started about saturday noonish , snowed off and on yesterday still snowing lightly when i left camp today around 11 , stetson and 160 hill are both a bit icy , quite warm at camp though, snow is really heavy and wet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 429
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 429

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold about 115 ish permits so far, down about 20 from last year but lots of guys may still buy permits. About 65 camps came in this weekend, pretty slow compared to normal camp,in weekend, but lots of guys have their site secured so no rush for them, system is working well.
Here's some of the camps, all shapes and styles , from tents to buses to shacks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 411

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 403
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 403

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't me asking you Lenny... What kind of camps are these? Hunting? Trapping? Other? And what do you have to do with them?

Its an agreement in place and managed thru our grande prairie snowmobile club, we are able to buy a permit which allows you to place and leave a camp from November 1 St through to April 15 ish. The club is responsible for the management and maintenance plus ensuring the rules are followed and in and out dates are followed. It's been great, there have been as many as 140 ish camps a couple years ago, less so far this year, very social, very much a community that looks after itself. We are very lucky we have been granted this privilege and it is much appreciated , lots of families, trails to the mountain riding are groomed twice a week so riding for family or extreme sledding is available to all.
My role is the managing of the permits and organizing of the camp spots.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post and update. I have never rode in your area. I have friends and family that set up camp there every year. Maybe this year when i come up i can join them in a trip. Have been wanting to check it out for a while now.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the new groomer have a permanent residence out there or did it get based south of town. It was in my shop in January and me and my sled were to hitch a ride up the trail a few times but I was always working.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Its an agreement in place and managed thru our grande prairie snowmobile club, we are able to buy a permit which allows you to place and leave a camp from November 1 St through to April 15 ish. The club is responsible for the management and maintenance plus ensuring the rules are followed and in and out dates are followed. It's been great, there have been as many as 140 ish camps a couple years ago, less so far this year, very social, very much a community that looks after itself. We are very lucky we have been granted this privilege and it is much appreciated , lots of families, trails to the mountain riding are groomed twice a week so riding for family or extreme sledding is available to all.
My role is the managing of the permits and organizing of the camp spots.

Sounds AWESOME!! Pretty jealous of where you live.

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the help with camp spot Len. Looking forward to this winter lots of very nice people in the swan city club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds AWESOME!! Pretty jealous of where you live.

We have a couple groups from the barrhead area , fox creek, peace river , valleyview, la crete , and a camp of guys who work near red deer that put a camp in most years , probably others also. When conditionsxare good theyll come and stay for longer periods of tume to make it worthwhile. Cmon up anytime youre more than eelcome ,if i'm not going out i'm sure i can hook you up with some guys going out.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the new groomer have a permanent residence out there or did it get based south of town. It was in my shop in January and me and my sled were to hitch a ride up the trail a few times but I was always working.

The new one is gonna live out at Kakwa, the 250 will spend its days at the big mountain trails. The club has done a ton of work on those trails and chalets, Great opportunity for the trail people or people starting out.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anybody rent these out for the weekends?

Not that I'm aware of. And I think that may even be in violation of the agreement we have, it may be perceived as changing the usage to somewhat of a commercial venture ?????? But I'm sure there are guys out there that would invite you out for a weekend, just gotta figure a way to get connected, quite likely you may even know someone already out there.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Not that I'm aware of. And I think that may even be in violation of the agreement we have, it may be perceived as changing the usage to somewhat of a commercial venture ?????? But I'm sure there are guys out there that would invite you out for a weekend, just gotta figure a way to get connected, quite likely you may even know someone already out there.

Have rum, will travel. ;)

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
That is something I applaud to the organizers involved. Its not easy to co-ordinate and follow through on im sure. Its important to work together, to keep it together. Im so happy you have this long running agreement. Thanks for all the hard work.
Cheers

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think a couple more camps were slated to go in this week, if it all went well....

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Imagine that! I know the Haase hideout!!!!!!!

I hang with his son and ride with him.

Guess maybe a trip to Kakwa might ne in order.

Keep up the great work on manageing this great hideaway... Well done by all folks involved!

Top Bottom