Camoplast X3 3" issues

48janke

Reaction score
Anybody have any issues with the camoplasts X3 3" track on the pro's? I've had 2 friends shred the lugs off of theirs and I'm about to put one on mine. Don't want to put it on if its gonna happen to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
Got one on mine 600 Hard miles works awsome still looks like brand new. my buddy also has one on his pro no problems? are your friends running 7 tooth or a drop and roll with 8 tooth??

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I have 1200 kms on my 13 Pro with 174x3 running 5-7 lbs boost, 7 tooth drivers, and no issues. If guys insist on running their tracks loose then they are going to lose lugs.

Loose tracks do not free up horsepower people. Maybe on a stand in your garage when turning by hand you will notice the difference, but everywhere else it actually hurts performance.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any issues with the camoplasts X3 3" track on the pro's? I've had 2 friends shred the lugs off of theirs and I'm about to put one on mine. Don't want to put it on if its gonna happen to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

Kinda answered your own question

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running 7 tooth on 2013 pro. I will be installing a 2012 shaft with 7 tooth on my 13
A young friend did this to his 2013 pro with 3" paddles and he said it was a big mistake pulls like a bitch but would power out on a long pull and get stuck but it wouldn't trench in it just powered out. He said he should have put a 2.5" track on instead of the 3" , plus my son was looking at doing this to his M8 and the boys at mountain magic said if your not turboed don't put on a 3".

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the 3" Camo with Avid case, 8tooth drivers, regeared to 2.25 ratio, some clutching and a 13:6 PA head and it works excellent. Set my track up as Polaris recommends in the manual and thats with your track raised hang a 10lb weight 16" in front of your centreline of the rear idlers and adjust so you have 1/2 to 5/8 in. of slack between track and hyfax. Plus i only run 5900-6400rpm up and back from the alpine on the trail, a little slow but no lug damage. Higgins.

Last edited:

Assault11

Reaction score
Got 2000 miles on mine and still looks really good. Works awesome. Even on a stock sled. It's one of the best mods you can do, it has considerable gains but you're not losing reliability

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1600 miles on my 12 with the 3" and still looking good. Always use slower speeds going down the trail. Proper gearing is essential for compensating for the extra traction. Still think is is the best mod if you are a trail breaker or tree basher. If you want to climb, then the 2.5 will likely be the better choice, unless you have big power.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the only time the 2.5 out does the three is in spring if at all. Just my opinion here from what I noticed running both. I had a 2.5 on for a good fresh snow weekend on my other stock sled then did the 3 for the next and it was better everywhere but the trail. Definitely wasn't layin down a lower high mark than the 2.5 as I was going up and over similar hills instead of loosing speed and trenching out once it got real deep. Just my 2 cents tho!

Last edited:

superdad

Reaction score
What have you heard about a 155 peak on a pro? Is the performance any better when climbing in powder...I seem to trench alot

Top Bottom