Camo Extreme track vs. Stock powdermax

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So then on that note, where does a guy get a 154 camo extreme and for how much cheeda?

Your friendly neighborhood dealer or Tracks Canada. I'm not sure if they make a 154" yet. I know when I bought mine only a 156" was available but it's really not a big deal there are a few different ways to make up that difference. I just basically run my adjusters all the way out. If my track stretches too much then bigger wheels or moving the skid a little will get me where I need to be!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your friendly neighborhood dealer or Tracks Canada. I'm not sure if they make a 154" yet. I know when I bought mine only a 156" was available but it's really not a big deal there are a few different ways to make up that difference. I just basically run my adjusters all the way out. If my track stretches too much then bigger wheels or moving the skid a little will get me where I need to be!

The 154 is actually called a 154.44" (true length) or a 155, but its the track for the 154. 9102M is the model number if you wanted to look it up.

As maierch said you can call your dealer or try Tracks Canada. When I picked up my track Curtis had mentioned they might be hard to get in a few weeks so if you want one you likely will have to make a decision sooner than later. Last going price was around $850 from TC (plus shipping costs to you), dealer will likely be more unless you are in good with them.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
I have been reading about lots of guys switching out there stock track for the camo extreme that is not ported.

Would like to hear from anyone who has done that as to if they feel it is an improvement or not.

I am interested in knowing if it is better in the pow or comparing if it trenches etc. I ride an 09 Summit X 163, always thought that a ported track was the way to go but now people are saying otherwise.

Thanks

Well here is a story on why i changed mine. IT BROKE. Like right off and it was a long tow out. The new track works 10 times better than the old one but you will have to do some clutching to make the sled work good.
I am putting in a clutch kit to help with the added traction of the track.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after getting to ride a non ported track back to back with my ported stocker, I'd advise loosing the speed holes. :beer:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after getting to ride a non ported track back to back with my ported stocker, I'd advise loosing the speed holes. :beer:

I don't think that porting tracks is necessarily bad. Just BRP might of got a little carried away with the Powdermax. I've just recently ported every other bar on my CE with 2 1.5" round ports. I'll let you know how it works!

Top Bottom