Camo Extreme track vs. Stock powdermax

stitch13

Reaction score
I have been reading about lots of guys switching out there stock track for the camo extreme that is not ported.

Would like to hear from anyone who has done that as to if they feel it is an improvement or not.

I am interested in knowing if it is better in the pow or comparing if it trenches etc. I ride an 09 Summit X 163, always thought that a ported track was the way to go but now people are saying otherwise.

Thanks

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.5 camo,, get one lol..

just got mine so no reports yet,, but yes better floatation and less trenching especialy on the 146 are the reports...

I think there are too many holes is the problem, it just saws into the snow so to speak...

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if it's a ported or non ported issue here. It may have a little to do with the size and quantity of the ports but I think it also has a lot to do with the design.
One guy in our group got a Camo extreme before anyone else, after making the change he easily had us by sled lengths! Where the powermax seemed to start to trench the Camo seemed to just pop back out of the snow and keep going. Putting a camo extreme on my sled is easily the best mod I've done so far.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was made by the swiss cheese lol... It was just posted by retodd its a 09 154 with stock track lol,, but hell any track can trench if ya do it right lol

good pic
TRENCH.jpg

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was made by the swiss cheese lol... It was just posted by retodd its a 09 154 with stock track lol,, but hell any track can trench if ya do it right lol

good pic
View attachment 69722

This is one that my camo extreme did but I was doing about 1/2 a km per hour when turning out! :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_7316.jpg
    IMG_7316.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 491

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if it's a ported or non ported issue here. It may have a little to do with the size and quantity of the ports but I think it also has a lot to do with the design.
One guy in our group got a Camo extreme before anyone else, after making the change he easily had us by sled lengths! Where the powermax seemed to start to trench the Camo seemed to just pop back out of the snow and keep going. Putting a camo extreme on my sled is easily the best mod I've done so far.
X2....was a big improvement on my 146". side by side against my buds' identically prepped XP the difference is measured in several sled lengths on the same slope.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one that my camo extreme did but I was doing about 1/2 a km per hour when turning out! :eek:

very nioce,, u dont look stuck so all good:beer:

see the extreme will even digdeeper lol,,, come on snow I cant wait

Maierch were u ride usualy?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very nioce,, u dont look stuck so all good:beer:

see the extreme will even digdeeper lol,,, come on snow I cant wait

Maierch were u ride usualy?

Mostly Golden... Lots at Gorman and a few other areas around Golden.:d

We definitely need some snow!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mostly Golden... Lots at Gorman and a few other areas around Golden.:d

We definitely need some snow!

area's around golden ehh hmmmmm:rolleyes:,, I like "area's
" around golden like secret area's lol... u bring a fellow sled r to some new goods???

right on Gorman is a great place,, maybe see ya out there one day

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
area's around golden ehh hmmmmm:rolleyes:,, I like "area's
" around golden like secret area's lol... u bring a fellow sled r to some new goods???

right on Gorman is a great place,, maybe see ya out there one day

I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime out there... at Gorman or Other. I rode a few times with Carbon last year, he mentioned that he'd ridden with you.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime out there... at Gorman or Other. I rode a few times with Carbon last year, he mentioned that he'd ridden with you.

ah yes,, were is Mark he's been quiet all summer.....

and I remember something about ur decal,,, a guy who does boat numbers made it for you corect?

ya man I am always looking to expand the riding crew... I get random fridays off I love chew n up all the weekenders POW POW....

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah yes,, were is Mark he's been quiet all summer.....

and I remember something about ur decal,,, a guy who does boat numbers made it for you corect?

ya man I am always looking to expand the riding crew... I get random fridays off I love chew n up all the weekenders POW POW....

I'm not sure. I heard from him in June. He said he was living in Didsbury and working in Lacombe but that was the last I heard. I figured he'd be back poking around by now.

Yeah Betacuts did it for me. I changed my doors to black ones this year and I'm not sure if I'm gonna decal it up again or go straight stealth.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on topic (dang hijackers! :p )

Pros and cons of stock vs. CE

CE 2.5" lug - On the 3.0 pitch the paddles are 1/2" wider, on the 2.86 the paddles sit 1/2" in on the track. This isn't a bad thing either, keeps the paddles from rubbing the front exchanger rivets with out a driver change.

Also there have been comments from people who sell the 3.0 pitch that the 3.0 tracks vibrate for some reason...hmm, could it be the lugs rubbing on stock sleds with no driver changes or simular?

The CE is non-ported but a single ply, weighs just about the same as the stock ported track. The non-ported track does float better ontop of snow. No cheese grader effect.

Now the stock track, the ports are too large, BRP also tried to say there was a weight savings with the ported track. Mountain riders have been porting tracks for a number of years and there are gains to be had when it is done correctly.

The stock tracks are weaker because of the excessive porting. Many people have stabbed the stock track with stumps, trees, rocks and such and ripped the track clean off. (I know because I towed out one last winter nearly 50k)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pic of the lugs inside the outer edge on the track of a 2.86 pitch
pics338Medium.jpg

reason for going to the 2.5 camo extreme....
pics066Medium.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah what did you hit there to rip a track like that?

Did you tow it our or drive nicely?
caught something (stump maybe) under the snow at Allen Creek in the spring of '09. it didn't come apart until the end of the day when I was flying down the trail back to the trucks, at km 2 it let go and started thumping around under there. I knew exactly what it was, and nursed it back to the staging area. flipped it on it's side and took the pic, then rented an '09 154" for the rest of the weekend.

Top Bottom