call from greyhound...trask turbos are in!!!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard the aero systems are working really good, there is one on kijiji for sale. Guy said it was dynoed with team skidoo and made 240hp at 7psi on 50/50 mix.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine is on the skidoo factory hillclimb team and he is running a 154 turbo freeride aerocharger. when i asked him how it was running he just got a big smile on his face and thats all he would tell me lol. hopefully i will get to test it out.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine is on the skidoo factory hillclimb team and he is running a 154 turbo freeride aerocharger. when i asked him how it was running he just got a big smile on his face and thats all he would tell me lol. hopefully i will get to test it out.

probably the same sled. thats what this one was, a hillclimb sled, built by aerocarger themselves. Looked like a prototype for the actually production one. Used a 66 series turbo. Guy said the turbo lag was a little more than the boondocker RTR M8 he had at 9psi, but balls out way more jamb than the cat.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive heard more than once from reputable sources that the 800r on boost makes more power per lb/boost than cat or polaris.

like an etec at 6lbs is like a dragon at 8lbs

badass1000

Reaction score
my 08 800r 154 ran good on 7lbs of boost and pump gas above 6,000'. ran it the first whole year this way. would easily pass by a pretty good margin a 09 cat in a climb with 925 kit and jaws twin pipes on a mix of race gas. It wheelied alot though. put it on 10lbs last year and I was always leaning clear up over the front and feathering the throttle to keep the front end down in a climb. put a timbersled skid on it and a 155x2.5 challenger extreme. Once I got it adjusted the way I wanted it kept the front end down way better. I could actually focus on riding now instead of focusing on keeping the front end down. Last year I rode with a few m1200's with 174x3 tracks. Several climbs they took 5 or so trys track poaching to make it over. my sled on 10lbs of boost made it over first try fresh tracks all the way.
power feels like a stock sled for a second when you pin it and then it just takes off. this is when you have ben off the gas or not pined. on and off the gas in a climb the power is instant. going to try 11.4lbs of boost this year. I turned it up to 14-15 a few times for a few climbs. rode it at 25lbs for a little while on accident with the boost controller. it blew the head and base gasket, carb boot, and a power valve bellow. still rode it all day. Just put some water in it every once in awhile.
it has torn two carb boots, and ruined a few boysen turbo reeds in the rage cage. Sled didn't run as good when this happens, but can still ride the rest of the day. Just throttle responce isn't as good. The carb boots are the original carb boots from when I bought it new in 07. The ones I replaced the torn ones with where used. I got new carb boots this year and hope they last the year. the only time it has ever ben towed out was when the recoil broke last year.
Overall very happy with the sled. Runs great compared to how every one says turbo carbed xp's run. Only engine damage has ben from a mag side crank seal failure. Had to replace pistons and have the cylinder replated.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well season two with the turbos, trask is getting some tlc from a turbo builder in bc...nice to see that one go

as for the aero charger last year was a learning year, last few rides on it i was trying for 8 to 9lbs of boost and it ran a few days, but had issues with reeds, and then blew the cdi ending the season, so for this year we are trying a few different reeds, and hope to get the hessitaion to a minimal

good video to show the potenial of this combination when working like it should
AerochargerTurbos's Channel - YouTube

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well trash or trask is getting closer to being a player, tss changed down pipe, went with a boost it box, and swaped injectors to bigger ones, a/f is getting to were it should be, still have a few minor issues to work out

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as for a update with the three kits we have out there

the boondocker had some issues of the start and still has a bogging issue in deeper powder but over all is working good, running 7 lbs and pulling 23 gram pin weight, 63mph track speeds and fuel controls seam good and not much tunning i have been told

trash kit is getting closer but still fueling issues in midrange, its been given to a third tunner to try in figure out issues, been told when it works it works well, just not that often

as for the aerocharger, i just turned over 1700 miles boosted yesterday, running most of the time 7.5 lbs,(taken off the throotle bodies) and pulling 25 gram pin weight with lots of helix, track speeds of 67mph in heavy snow, reeds are over 1000 miles now and still running ok, still a bit of hessitaion off of dead stop, but easy to learn to ride with it, and so far motor has been holding the power well...100 octane is a must at this boost

blew the first belt boosted yesterday 1700plus miles and it was very heavy over the hood deep powder, so belt life has not been a issue either.... cold air intake is a must...

we do have a brand new trash still in the Original box with all primary and secondary clutching parts, intercooler for sale, we paid 5800 dollars and will sell for 4800cdn$

Top Bottom