call from greyhound...trask turbos are in!!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ran down tonight and picked them up, thanks trevor

called a buddy, and we started around 6pm, kit looked sweet, good workmanship, good manuel, and mostly all fit like a glove, by 11pm we were on finishing touches, and need a few parts from cdn tire to complete wiring

should have fuel controller for friday for its daybu(waiting on lattest flash)

overall a basic install with only a few steps that you need to read a few times to understand it

tools are all basic, and other than some plastic triming on the headlight shroud, it all fit nicly

will be installing the airfuel, and bosst gauges tommorow, and take some pictures

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well job is finished, just waiting on fuel controllers to show up, did some running of the uniit in the garage, it sounds mean, even with the stock fueling, couple a guys said they see flames coming out the exhaustm when doing the wot spurts:d

hope to have it for friday

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few pictures of the install

Attachments

• TURBO INSTALL 025.jpg
    TURBO INSTALL 025.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 592
  • TURBO INSTALL 008.jpg
    TURBO INSTALL 008.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 590
  • TURBO INSTALL 014.jpg
    TURBO INSTALL 014.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 595
  • TURBO INSTALL 015.jpg
    TURBO INSTALL 015.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 603
  • TURBO INSTALL 022.jpg
    TURBO INSTALL 022.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 590

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well still to date i have not had a trask fuel controller in my hand, i was told that it should be here by the weekend, this is now two weeks after install, fuel box is being programed by the aerocharger group, and its still being worked on..... i have tried the trask out with the areo fuel box, but we seen a bad hessitaion, it do pull real hard after that

i also installed a areo charger this last week on another etec, we have had it out a few times, and it also has a slight hessitaion, but pulls great after, hope to get it in the trees in the next week in some deep snow

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what kit is easier to install and tune the trask kr areocharger?? On the areo can you still run stock headlight with the innercooler??

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i feel its not turbo lag, rather than a electonic lag or hessitaion, with the correct tune, it will be sweet

as for what kit is easyier, i would say the trask, it should be a simple 4 to 5 hr install the second time, areo would still be a full day

you can order the areo with the intercooler delete, this allows you to keep stock headlight and will make install quicker by a margin, you will loose a few hp, but will also give less lag or hessitaion from the restriction the intercooler caues

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wont not running a innercooler be harder on the reeds? I have head lots about guys having trouble with reeds on 2stroke turbo sleds?? Can you run more than8 lbs of boost on the trask kit??

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the trask has been ran at 16lbs boost, and ran well, stock reeds are a issue, but highroller and boyseen came up with a answer

as for no intercooler and more reed issues, i am not sure, have not heard that yet, but charged air temps will be up slightly

ran a tank of fuel yesterday at the farm, 7lbs boost on the areocharger kit all day, slight 1/2 second hessitation off the start, and then hang the hell on, pulls the three inch like a stock 144inch, hitiing 64mph track speed in seconds

what a blast..... off to mountains tommorow

Wont not running a innercooler be harder on the reeds? I have head lots about guys having trouble with reeds on 2stroke turbo sleds?? Can you run more than8 lbs of boost on the trask kit??

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome hope you enjoy keep me posted how it runs in the hills! 174 or 162 stock chaincase or avid extended??

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still no fuel boxes for the trask, we had it out with the box that came with the kit, but it was to lean, and engine damage would of happened, been told they are on route, but who knows

other guys are installing the aero fuel box on the trask, and having success, we have been told, i feel the kits were sent out to early, trask has no one doing thier programing for the controller and aero has all to do, to get their own right

my 880 is a blast and will always have a spot in the trailer, if the turbos do not come around soon, their spot will be replaced with another bb

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't care what any of them say, no 2 smoke turbo kit is going to last longer than the dyno run @ 16lbs. 8-10 is reasonable, 12 starting to push it IMO, haven't seen any live past 12 lbs and run consistently.

Unfortunately its still the same Doo bottom end, most of them are grenading around 3-4 K without boost. start checking crank run out every week with that hairdryer on there.

Top Bottom